Baltimore Aquarium Dives Into $112 Million Expansion Project
- Energy Projects Now Eligible for Liberty Bonds. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p4
Reports that independent energy projects in New York can qualify for tax-exempt financing through the New York Liberty Development Corp. as of March 2003. Factors contributing to the development; Details of the criteria.
- Top chemical exec: Project finance now requires funding guarantees. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;5/19/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 96, p5
Discusses the need of project finance to attract non-traditional investors. View of John R. Price, managing director of the Chemical Banking Corporation and president of the Bankers Association for Foreign Trade on project finance; Shift away from state and public-sector sponsorship of...
- Entrepreneurial fund raising vs. charitable donation. Chase, Timothy L. // Economic Development Review;Fall93, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p3
Discusses various means by which economic development organizations raise funds for their projects. Decrease in the percentage of funding from public sources; Need for contributors to perceive that a valuable service is performed in return for their payments; Different functions of economic...
- No sovereign right to project finance. L.D.S. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p17
Opinion. Comments on the power of major international development and funding agencies to affect the success of power and other infrastructure development projects. Lack of trust on a country's political and economic stability; Examples of breakthroughs in finalizing financing packages.
- Palace orders inventory of DAP-funded projects. // Filipino Reporter;8/1/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the order of the Philippine government for an immediate inventory of all projects financed under the Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) to identify how much supplemental budget it would request from the Congress in 2014.
- Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;7/19/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 29, p20
Reveals that the World Bank-sponsored Consultative Group of donor nations has pledged development aid to Jordan. Release of $600 million during 1996; Allocation of aid to support liberalization and private sector development.
- Flowing in. Verett-Heath, Tom // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/17/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the changes in project financing in the Middle East. Style of project financing; Size of deals; Transition to higher loan regimes; Companies involved in project finance deals; Dominant countries in project financing; Effects of the volatility of oil markets on the future of project...
- Special Report Jordan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/10/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 37, p27
The article looks at the potential of Jordan to become an important projects market in the Middle East, by referring to its programme of infrastructure investment in energy, transport and water schemes.
- Pushing the frontiers of project finance. Kahn, Sharon // Global Finance;Aug98, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on the project funding, the most esoteric and creative areas of finance. How project funding is built; Advantages of the structures of project finance on investors; Amount in project debt raised by sponsors in 1997.