California Senate Appropriations Panel To Decide Fate of $9 Billion Rail Bill
- Two bills to carry HS2 into Parliament. // Rail Business Intelligence;5/16/2013, Issue 438, p2
The article reports that the speech of Queen of Great Britain on May 8, 2013 consisted of two bills on high-speed rail.
- Judge blocks rail bonds. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/29/2013, Issue 324737, p6
The article informs that a Sacramento County Superior Court judge rejected the idea of the sale of bonds to raise money to build California's bullet train project and states that the judge felt, the project's plan would not comply with what voters were promised.
- High Speed 2 bill by spring 2015. // Rail Business Intelligence;11/11/2010, Issue 378, p8
The article informs about Philip Hammond, Transport Secretary of Great Britain who discussed about High Speed 2 bill for London, England which intends to shift passengers from airways and have high speed railways across Europe, during his address to the Transport Times conference on November 4.
- Bush Administration Asks State, Local Governments to Help Pay for Amtrak. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p4
Reports the request for state and local governments to pay substantial share for the operation of Amtrak passenger rail service in the U.S. Issuance of taxable tax credit bonds for high-speed rail projects; Total losses of Amtrak; Plans of turning Amtrak into an exclusive train operator.
- Railroaded? High-speed rail plans Railroaded face obstacles. Graham, A. Lee // Fort Worth Business Press;4/20/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p15
The article focuses on a quarterly meeting of the non-profit 35W Coalition held in Fort Worth, Texas on April 15, 2015, on high-speed rail project between Houston and Dallas in Texas. Topics include views of Travis Kelly of Texas Central High-Speed Railway LLC, on the project, introduction of...
- Rail backers press for state match. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;11/1/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p4
A summary of a House Bill 6484, sponsored by Wayne Schmidt in the U.S., that would allow grants to be used for high-speed rail projects is presented.
- RAIL FREIGHT - DELIVERING VALUE. // Modern Railways;Jun2014, Vol. 71 Issue 789, p18
The article reports on the passage of the High Speed 2 (HS2) Hybrid Bill which will deliver economic benefits across Great Britain, such as job creation and improved transport links.
- RAIL INDUSTRY HOPES FOR SUPPORT. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;06/04/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 22, p21
Focuses on impact of Senate Bill 250 on the railroad industry in the United States. Provision of loans for passenger train improvements; Lists of senators sponsoring the bill; Opposition of critics on high-speed rail campaign.
- HS2 bills in Queen's Speech. // Modern Railways;Jun2013, Vol. 70 Issue 777, p9
The article reports that two parliamentary bills, the HS2 Hybrid Bill and the High Speed Rail Bill, have been included in the Queen's Speech to provide authority and funding for the proposed High Speed 2 (HS2) railway project in Great Britain.