Wisconsin Governor Will Seek Full Term
- Land of milk and money. Meyerson, Adam // Policy Review;Spring91, Issue 56, p31
Interviews Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson. Unemployment; Tax cuts; Public school choice; Economic problems; Public welfare.
- Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson on NAFTA. // Policy Review;Sum93, Issue 65, p63
Recapitulates the speech given by Governor Tommy Thompson to businessmen in West Middleton, Wisconsin on March 22, 1993. Reasons for NAFTA's benefit towards the economy; U.S.-Canada Free Trade Agreement (CFTA); Export opportunities; Wisconsin trade office in Mexico; Agricultural sector benefits;...
- Tommy Thompson's golden opportunity. Nightingale, Demetra Smith // Christian Science Monitor;1/12/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 34, p11
Discusses the outlook for Tommy Thompson, nominee for the United States secretary of Health and Human Services, and presents recommendations for his actions.
- Getting tough on the poor. Barrett, T. // Newsweek;10/15/1990, Vol. 116 Issue 16, p33
Reports that over the past four years the Republican governor of Wisconsin, Tommy Thompson, has made the state a laboratory for welfare reform and set off a national debate in the process. His programs including Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) and Learnfare and their success;...
- Wisconsin's Tommy Thompson likely to go. // Human Events;6/16/95, Vol. 51 Issue 23, p4
Features Republican Governor Tommy Thompson of Wisconsin. Popularity in Wisconsin; View that he would make a viable Presidential candidate in 1996; Start of exploratory committee for Republican presidential bid; Thompson as chairman of the National Governors Association; Conservative views of...
- Shotgun weddings? // Time;2/18/1991, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p45
Briefly comments on the scheme of Wisconsin Governor Tommy G. Thompson that would cap funds for unmarried mothers at $440 a month (the current limit for a single woman with one child). The benefits would not increase if the woman has additional children, unless she got married. Comments from...
- Untitled. Ward, Colin // New Statesman & Society;7/30/93, Vol. 6 Issue 263, p28
Provides an account of events that lead to the murder of Tommy Thompson. Effect of army life and social conditions on attitude of Thompson; Periodic abuse by Thompson of wife and daughters; Murder of Thompson in 1988 by daughters; Leniency of police and judge on daughters.
- Ouch. // Progressive;Oct95, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p11
Presents a headline on a story about Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson that appeared in the Green Pay Press-Gazette.
- Rough RIDER. Carney, Eliza Newlin // Government Executive;Oct2002, Vol. 34 Issue 14, p51
Focuses on the role of Tommy Thompson as chief of Health and Human Services in Wisconsin. Management challenge faced by Thompson; Reputation of Thompson as anti-bureaucrat; Campaigns of Thomson against biological terrorism.