Little Rock, Tax Foe Back in Court on Park Bond Issue
- Little Rock Resident Hopes Third Time's the Charm in Park Deal Lawsuit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p36
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Little Rock resident Nora Harris against the city for using revenue bonds to purchase land for a presidential park in Arkansas. Details of the case; Utilization of tax revenues to repay the debt; Need for a public referendum.
- BAR CODE. // ABA Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 86 Issue 12, p16
Reports on a case filed by the city of Little Rock, Arkansas against Betty Deislinger for violating a code on historic sites. What was Deislinger's violation; Arguments of Deislinger.
- Land condemned for presidential library. // Appraisal Journal;Oct2002, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p357
Focuses on a court case between Eugene M. Pfeifer and the town of Little Rock, Arkansas regarding condemnation of land for use as part of the Clinton Presidential Library. Claims of Pfeifer; Estimated amount paid to Pfeifer; Ruling of the Supreme Court of Arkansas on the case.
- ADA, FMLA--INABILITY TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION, INTERMITTENT LEAVE. // Benefits Quarterly;2003 First Quarter, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p63
The article presents the case, Hatchett v. Philander Smith College, regarding the entitlement of an employee to intermittent or reduced scheduled leave under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Minnie Hatchett was employed as the business manager for Philander Smith College in Little Rock,...
- Ark. docs who lost privileges OK'd to work until hearing. // Modern Healthcare;3/29/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 13, p25
Focuses on the decision by Judge Collins Kilgore of Arkansas on a case regarding the tenure of six doctors at Baptist Health. Allegations of the hospital against the doctors; Details of the court's decision.
- Ark. Judge Rules School Funding Unconstitutional; State to Appeal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p3
Announces the decision of the state of Arkansas to appeal a judge's that the state's school funding formula is unconstitutional and should be revamped by the General Assembly. Plan of Governor Mike Huckabee to create a committee to study school finance alternatives in case a Supreme Court...