Florida's High-Speed Rail Network Gets Questions from Gov. Bush
- Florida's governor derails FOX. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Feb99, Vol. 200 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the closure of Florida Overland eXpress (FOX), the consortium established to build a high speed rail in Florida. Why Florida Governor Jeb Bush decided to close FOX; Comments from Eugene Skoropowski, the FOX project director.
- Florida Panel OKs Bill to Let Voters Take Back Rail Approval. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p4
The Florida House Transportation Committee approved a resolution to ask voters to reverse their earlier approval of a high-speed rail project, while also moving ahead with plans to make appropriations for the project as required by law.With a 12-7 vote, the Republican committee followed the...
- Florida Governor Wants to Take Rail Repeal to Voters. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, p44
Focuses on the support of Florida governor Jeb Bush to repeal a high-speed rail project. Repeal of the referendum on the general election ballot; Construction of the first train route between Tampa and Orlando; Impact of the high-speed rail to the state's bond rating.
- On the effect of varying stiffness under the switch rail on the wheel—rail dynamic characteristics of a high-speed turnout. Zhu, J. Y. // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part F;Mar2006, Vol. 220 Issue 1, p69
Using models of vertical geometric and stiffness irregularities in turnouts, the dynamic effect of a high-speed train on a turnout is investigated using vehicle-track dynamic interaction theory. The ordinary slide base plate under the switch rail used today in highspeed turnouts is welded to two...
- Incremental High Speed Rail: The Possible Dream. Vantuono, William C. // Railway Age;Mar99, Vol. 200 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the shutdown of high speed rail project by Florida Overland eXpress. Reason for the failure of the development of the high speed rail system; Requirements in developing the system.
- Florida's CFO Campaigning Against High Speed Rail. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/2/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31896, p3
Reports on chief financial officer Tom Gallagher's campaign against the proposed high-speed train in Florida. Gallagher's claim that the cost of high-speed train is so high that the state may implement a personal income tax; Gallagher and governor Jeb Bush's campaign against the proposal;...
- Florida puts rail on the fast track. Richey, Warren // Christian Science Monitor;8/22/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 190, p2
Discusses the support by Florida residents for the proposal to build a high-speed rail network linking the five major cities. Efforts of businessman C.C. Dockery to collect signatures supporting the ballot initiative; Speculation on the lack of support among state politicians and Florida...
- Jeb Bush. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Florida Governor Jeb Bush. Educational background; Details on his career in politics; Achievements of Bush during his term as governor.
- Jeb Bush speaks about education at State Museum event. Stuhldreher, Tim // Central Penn Business Journal;5/7/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 19, p2
The article features former Florida Governor Jeb Bush who is the speaker at a conference held at The State Museum of Pennsylvania.