N.Y.C., San Diego County, IPA Sell; Municipal Bond Prices Finish Higher
- Investors can mitigate the stock market's price swings. CARMONA, JOSÉ L. // Caribbean Business;6/5/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 21, p10
The article offers the author's insights on the Puerto Rican investors who mitigate the price swings of the stock market in the island. Topics discussed include the general obligation (GO) bonds of the government of Puerto Rico, Ernesto Ramos of Chicago, Illinois-based Bank of Montreal (BMO)...
- Puerto Rico expected to return to Wall Street to raise $2 billion. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;3/20/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p24
The article reports on the possibility that Puerto Rico will return to the New York Stock Exchange to raise $2 billion for economic development initiatives and public works. It mentions Government Development Bank interim president JosÃ© PÃ¡gan who signaled Puerto Rico's next deals with...
- Municipal Bond Prices End Higher; Delaware, University of Texas Sell. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/9/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31549, p2
Highlights the performance of municipal bonds in the stock market in the second week of January 2003. Reaction to the U.S. government's economic stimulus plan; Concerns of stock traders regarding concessions in the market; Unsold balance reported by underwriters.
- Yields Tumble 3 to 4 Basis Points; California Reprices $2 Billion GOs. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p2
Reports on the decline in the yields of municipal bonds by three to four basis points in California as of April 25, 2003. Condition of the equity markets; Increase in the number of job claims; Over of the developments and repricing of bonds.
- Massachusetts Seen as Swing State in Light Calendar. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p6
Reports the demand of municipal bond issues in Massachusetts. Plan of the government to sell the general obligation bonds; Recovery of the state stock market; Schedule on the negotiation of municipal bond sale.
- Munis Steady After a Strong Week. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;7/16/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33747, p2
The article offers information regarding stock performance of Municipal bonds in stock market of Chicago, Illinois.
- N.Y. Thruway Retail Orders Reach $214 Million as Muni Prices Rise. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p2
Reports the increase in the price of municipal bonds in New Yor, New York. Actions taken by traders to meet demand from investors; Status of bond yields; Total amount of retail orders received by the New York State Thruway Authority Bonds.
- How much disclosure do municipal bond investors really want? Beerman, Albert L. // Banking;Feb78, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p66
Deals with the results of a survey on the concerns of municipal bond investors. Importance of footnote disclosure; Views on pension liability; Complaints against detailed information.
- Inflows Perk Up a Bit, But Buyers Cut Back on Short Term. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;5/3/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33309, p7
The article reports on the move of the investors to continue to cash out a short-term funds despite the decrease of the flowing money into the municipal bond mutual funds in the U.S.