NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/21/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31165, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in United States as of June 2001. Increase of composite index of leading economic indicators; Report of the Treasury Department on the budget deficit of the federal government; Announcement of the Treasury Department to buy back outstanding bond...
- Lower than Expected Feb. Deficit Points to Record Surplus for U.S. // American Banker;3/22/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 56, p30
Reports that the United States recorded a smaller budget deficit in February, 2000, than a year ago. Opinion of William Sullivan, senior economist with Morgan Stanley Dean Wittier that the country is on its way to a record surplus; Debt buyback being conducted by the Treasury to reduce overall...
- U.S. Govt. Posts Deficit Of $75.6B in November. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;12/13/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32527, p2
The article reports on the $75.6 billion deficit posted by the U.S. government in November 2006. The deficit, which was published by the Treasury Department in December 12, 2006, was slightly above the expectations of analysts. Additionally, the deficit is in excess of $2.8 billion from the...
- Munis Unchanged With Slightly Weaker Tone. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/4/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33126, p2
The author focuses on the condition of the municipal market of the U.S. as of June 3, 2009. New York Transitional Finance Authority and Los Angeles County, California have made the municipal market quiet and largely unchanged during the period. The Treasury market's benchmark 10-year note has...
- Treasury: U.S. Ran $57.8B Deficit in Nov. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/13/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32028, p2
Reports on the budget deficit of the U.S. government based on the data released by the Treasury Department in November 2004. Deficit amount; Comparison of the figures with the November 2003 deficit.
- Fashionable Worry. // Time;7/20/1962, Vol. 80 Issue 03, p23
The article reports on the economic condition in the U.S. Treasury Undersecretary Robert V. Roosa mentions that economists and the administration need not worry about the balance-of-payment deficits anymore because it has become smaller compared to that in the first quarter. It also notes that...
- U.S. Government Ran $82.4 Billion Deficit in May. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;6/11/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34324, p1
The federal government ran an $82.4 billion budget deficit in May, the Treasury Department reported Wednesday.
- U.S. Government Ran $156.7 Billion Surplus in April. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;5/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34304, p1
The federal government ran a $156.7 billion budget surplus in April, the Treasury Department reported Tuesday.
- Deficit or Surtaxes. // New Republic;11/25/25, Vol. 45 Issue 573, p6
Discusses the impact of the tax bill adopted by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee on the U.S. economy. Increase in the deficit of the country; Belief of the Democrats that the U.S. Department of the Treasury wants to cut taxes now less than the situation warrants, so that another cut may...