Fitch Raises N.Y.C. Health & Hospitals
- HHC's condition stable ... for now. Benson, Barbara // Crain's New York Business;11/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the steps being taken by New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. to survive the changing health care market. Effects of lower reimbursement, decline in paying patients and rise in the number of uninsured New Yorkers; Proposal of Mayor Giuliani to privatize three hospitals.
- BIDs want new advocate. // Crain's New York Business;11/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p12
Presents news items related to business enterprises in New York as of November 1, 1999. Includes search for replacement for Barbara Wolff, assistant commissioner of the New York City Department of Business Services; New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.'s third small business insurance...
- Fitch Ups N.Y.C.'s HHC to A-Minus with Positive Outlook. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/12/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32669, p4
The article reports that credit agency Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded the New York City Health and Hospital Corp.'s (HHC) outstanding debt rating to A-minus with a positive outlook from BBB-plus, citing an improved financial position in part due to additional Medicaid revenue. The rating given...
- N.Y.C. Health, Hospital Corp. Gets Ratings, Budget Boosts. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32646, p3
The article reports on the ratings assigned to the corporate debt of New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. by rating agencies. Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded its outlook for the company affecting about $697 million of debt in conjunction with the upgrade of the city's general obligation...
- AT DEADLINE. // Crain's New York Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p1
Presents news briefs pertaining to the New York State business sector, as of January 17, 2000. Resignation plans of New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. President Luis Marcos; Agreement of Max Capital Management Corp. to sell an office building to real estate developers Tony Fromer and...
- At deadline. // Crain's New York Business;5/6/96, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p1
Presents information related to businesses and hospitals in the United States. Vote to end merger talks with Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center by St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center's board of trustees; New York City Health and Hospital Corporation's approval of New York Hospital's takeover...
- Midwifery rules issued. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.'s systemwide rules for the utilization of nurse midwives in hospitals. Nurse midwifery; Problems in city-hospital delivery rooms.
- HHC asks Rudy and the city for a little TLC. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;01/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the potential deficit faced by New York City's Health and Hospitals Corp. in January 2001. Factors contributing to the gap between HHC revenues and expenses; Returns from the city hospitals' cost cutting and productivity increases; Anticipation of how Mayor Rudolph Giuliani will...
- Giuliani seeks big Medicaid cuts. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the Medicaid spending cuts proposed by New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani and Governor George Pataki. Effect on the New York City Health and Hospitals Corp. which receives more than half its revenues from Medicaid.