M+C program is a boon to minorities, low-income groups
- Study shows gap in care for discharged patients. // Hospital Peer Review;Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p73
The article discusses research being done on the rehospitalization of Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S., published in the April 2009 issue of the "New England Journal of Medicine."
- Eligibility for the Medicare Buy-in Programs, Based on a Survey of Income and Program Participation Simulation. Rupp, Kalman; Sears, James // Social Security Bulletin;2000, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p13
Provides estimates of the size of the Medicare beneficiary population eligible for Medicare buy-in programs in the United States. Criteria for eligibility to buy-in programs; Studies on Medicare eligibility; Characteristics of eligible beneficiaries; Significance of the study findings.
- Study eyes EOL trends for Medicare patients. // Hospital Peer Review;Oct2011, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p116
The article discusses the result of a study regarding the end of life (EOL) trends for Medicare beneficiaries in the U.S.
- HCFA revises proposed ABN for Labs. Szabo, Joan // MLO: Medical Laboratory Observer;Jun2001, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p60
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. Health Care Financing Administration to standardize advanced beneficiary notices (ABN) given by Medicare Part B providers to beneficiaries. Information on ABN; Improvements to the notice; Reason for the revisions.
- Medicare quality improvement organization reminder about beneficiary rights. // Jackson Advocate;7/22/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 40, p12A
The article offers information on the beneficiary rights of Medicare recipients as stated by the Medicare quality improvement organization Information and Quality Healthcare (IQH).
- Health Affairs. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/23/2011, Vol. 21, p182
The article reports that managed care program of Medicare offers numerous private health plan alternatives to beneficiaries compared to traditional Medicare.
- Covered or Noncovered? The Cataract Menu. McCune, Donna // Review of Ophthalmology;Nov2011, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p24
The article presents questions and answers related to Medicare coverage for cataract surgery including whether the coverage includes all the services and items related to cataract surgery, the other considerations covered under the Medicare which are still associated with such surgery, and...
- Assessing Medicare Beneficiaries' Readiness to Make Informed Health Plan Choices. Levesque, Deborah A.; Prochaska, James O.; Cummins, Carol O.; Terrell, Sherry; Miranda, David // Health Care Financing Review;Fall2001, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p87
Discusses a study which developed Transtheoretical Model (TTM) staging algorithms to assess the readiness of Medicare beneficiaries to make informed health plan choices. Types of informed choice; Description of the TTM; Evidence for the construct validity of the stage measures; Applicability of...
- What Does Voluntary Disenrollment from Medicare+Choice Plans Mean to Beneficiaries? Harris-Kojetin, Lauren D.; Jael, Elizabeth M.F.; Smith, Fiona; Kosiak, Beth; Brown, Julie // Health Care Financing Review;Fall2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p117
Discusses the results of testing information intended for Medicare beneficiaries about voluntary disenrollment from Medicare+Choice plans. Method of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.