- Indigo Books & Music Admits Red Ink. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;7/23/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 30, p11
Focuses on a financial report which confirmed the unprofitability of the Canadian bookstore chain, Indigo Books & Music Incorporated. Revenue loss posted in the fiscal year ending January 2001; Merger plan between Indigo and Chapters Inc.; Terms of the planned merger; Value of the restructuring...
- Financial news. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;2/29/96, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p2
Reports that Indigo has announced a $20 million investment by the Soros Group and a trust set up by chairman Benny Landa and his family.
- Indigo launch a patriotic affair. Toller, Carol // Quill & Quire;Oct97, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the launch of a patriotic affair by Canadian Indigo Books & Music Inc. to mark the opening of its first store in Burlington, Ontario. Reinforcement of the made-at-home theme of the superstore; Titles in its books and music collection; Location and size of the store. INSET: THE INDIGO...
- Indigo to Keep All Stores. Eichler, Leah // Publishers Weekly;1/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the difficulty to find a buyer for the Indigo bookstores as of January 2001. Deadline for the sale of the bookstores; Factors that made it difficult to secure a buyer for the stores.
- Indigo's quest to divest. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Oct2001, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the divestment quest of Indigo in Canada. Approval on the merger between Chapters and Indigo; Assessment on the chances of Indigo on selling company assets; Importance of the divestment process on ensuring fair price.
- Fending off the U.S. giants. Sheard, David // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/26/94, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p21
States that the plan of Canada's two largest book retailers, SmithBooks and Coles, to merge into a giant 434-store chain has set off some predictable lamentations. What it will mean for certain authors; What the new chain will control of the market; Their plans to invest; Their stock.
- Indigo Online's shrinking pains. Weiler, Derek; Crawley, Devin; Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jan2002, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p4
Focuses on the problems faced by Indigo onlines Canadian History for Dummies. Attempts of the company to cut costs and reduce losses; Problems encountered regarding the reliability of the books label used; Assessment on the mishandling of stock information in the warehouse.
- The Indigo experience. Marchand, Brett // Quill & Quire;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p13
Discusses the experience of the author regarding the branding problem faced by Indigo Books and Music Inc. Brand names that have helped in the identity of Indigo Books and Music; Choice of the author while selecting books from bookstores; Perceptions regarding the brand name Chapters and Indigo.
- Profits Jump on Small Sales Gain at Indigo. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p10
Presents an update on the financial performance of Indigo Books & Music as of February 17, 2003. Increase in the revenue and profits of the company for the third quarter of 2002; Factors that have contributed to the improved profits of Indigo Books for 2002; Net income of the company for the...