Companies praise fire regulations
- Fire advice. // Cabinet Maker;10/5/2001, Issue 5258, p5
Presents the fire advice from Satra to the furniture industry in Great Britain. Concern on the exploitation of existing regulations by manufacturers; Aim of the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations review.
- Furniture industry pasted, ISPA praised. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p56
Focuses on the implementation of the fire-safety standards in the furniture industry. Contribution of the International Sleep Products Association to the industry; Opposition of furniture manufacturers to the fire-safety standards; Introduction of fire-safety technology by the California Fire...
- Former furniture warehouse collapses because of fire. // Cabinet Maker;3/09/2012, Issue 5778, p12
The article reports that a fire in a furniture warehouse in Rotherham, England on March 1, 2012, caused the roof and one side of the building to collapse.
- Leader. Peck, Chris // Cabinet Maker;1/24/2014, Issue 5869, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including flame retardancy regulations in Great Britain, fire safety issues, and success of business in furniture industry.
- Fabric admission. // Cabinet Maker;8/4/2006, Issue 5499, p3
The article reports that testing houses in Great Britain have been using the wrong fabric for fire safety testing for at least six years. The admission came from Woodrow Universal which has been the sole supplier of the fabric used by the testing houses. The Department of Trade and Industry...
- At the end of a tumultuous year. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;12/23/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p23
Comments on issues related to the furniture industry in the U.S. Product sales; Distribution of furniture; Effect of fire-safety regulations on the design and pricing of furniture.
- Industry testifies on CPSC flame rules. // Furniture/Today;6/24/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p4
Reports the effectivity of using a flame retardant barrier to prevent fires in upholstered furnitures in Washington D.C. Applicability of the fire retardant barriers into the manufacturing process; Affordability of the frame retardant; Assurance on the safety of the chemicals used.
- California fire regulations stay on track. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;1/12/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p2
Reports on the reaction of fire-resistant materials providers based in California on the freeze exemption of the flammability regulations proposed by the state government. Impact of the regulations on the bedding industry; Completion and testing of fire-resistant materials.
- BFC to meet with Government minister over fire safety regulations. // Cabinet Maker;4/22/2011, Issue 5734, p10
The article reports that a delegation from the British Furniture Confederation (BFC) will meet with with employee relations, consumer and postal affairs minister Ed Davey to discuss the review of the Furniture and Furnishings Fire Safety Regulations in the region.