Are you being served?
- Liberon POS revamped. // Cabinet Maker;8/3/2001, Issue 5249, p3
Reports on the upgrading of Liberon's Point-Of-Sales material including a 68 page product guide. Provision of information on wood maintenance and repairs; Launch of a series of leaflets; Creation of a company logo.
- Catching the customer's eye. // Cabinet Maker;9/7/2001, Issue 5254, p9
Examines the role of point-of-sale (POS) systems in the furniture industry and trade in Great Britain. Conventional concept of POS in the furniture industry; Objective of POS; Method in the application of POS.
- Century rolling out new retail displays. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;7/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p10
Features the lifestyle retail display by Century in an effort to improve typical retail furniture gallery in the U.S. Integration of merchandise, presentation, signage and point-of-sale information; Description of the layout at the Old Orchard Park; Response to consumer research.
- Sofa vendors partner with stores to improve consumer education. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;7/5/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p12
Focuses on the efforts of Century Furniture to educate its sales personnel to improve consumer awareness and services in the U.S. Importance of familiarity with the inside of the upholstery; Uses of point-of-sale information and Web sites; Simplification of pricing structures.
- POS-itive Customer Service. // American Nurseryman;5/15/2003, Vol. 197 Issue 10, p37
Describes trends relevant to the use of point-of-sale (POS) systems in customer service in the horticulture industry. Goal of POS systems; Methods for scanning customer purchases and entering the clients' contact information; Implications for improving employee morale; Benefits and limitations...
- POS focuses on guest service. Adams, Bruce // Hotel & Motel Management;5/20/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on the enhancement of guest services using point-of-sale systems in various hotels in the U.S. Features of the handheld devices; Product specifications; Way of providing customer satisfaction.
- Five Banks pool talent . // ABA Banking Journal;Dec84, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p116
Reports on the agreement among five banks in Washington to develop a shared electronic network to improve point-of-sale and automated teller systems. Improvement of service by allowing customers to pay for goods and services by using their bank accounts in electronic transactions with a card...
- Do credit card enhancements benefit the consumer? // Credit World;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p18
Presents a debate on whether credit card enhancements benefit the consumer which took place during the 1994 International Credit Conference in Louisville, Kentucky. Participants; Types of enhancement programs; Benefits; Limitations and drawbacks.
- From point-of-sale to point-of-service. Martin, Desmond // DSN Retailing Today;7/10/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p16
Deals with the importance of point-of-sale (POS) systems in the customer services of retail stores in the United States. Customer information provided by POS kiosks; Impact of POS on the role of sales associates; Benefits of POS to retailers.