The devil is in the detail-especially in retailing
- 101 not out. // In-Store;Aug2005, p21
Presents several events that happened in the retail industry in Great Britain from 1998 to 2005. Details of the opening of stores for men's grooming by Boots Co. PLC; Companies that tested automated convenience stores in Great Britain; Launch of in-store television network by Tesco PLC and Asda...
- Stories from the In-Store archive. // In-Store;Aug2005, p21
Provides information on several events that happened in the retail industry in Great Britain from 1998 to 2005. Opening of stores for men's grooming by Boots Co. PLC; Testing of automated convenience stores by Sainsbury's; Launch of in-store television network by Tesco PLC and Asda Group Ltd.
- Grocer ups its housewares offer as the market cools. Clayton, Richard // Design Week;9/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p9
Reports that Sainsbury's is branching out into homewares with packaging by Parker Williams and retail design by 20/20 in Great Britain in 2003. Key features of the packaging; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on industrial design.
- IN STEP WITH THE BIG BRANDS. Croft, Martin // Marketing Week;6/13/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p26
Assess the implication of the deals made by retailer Sainsbury's with big-brand owners for the retail market in Great Britain. Awareness of the problems facing the core markets by Sainsbury's; Analysis of the move by industry experts; Refusal to comment on the effect of a laundry service deal...
- Sainsbury's asks for feedback on own-label goods. // Marketing (00253650);6/5/2003, p4
British company Sainsbury's is claiming a landmark in food retailing with the launch of an on-pack initiative inviting customers to give feedback on the quality of individual products, as of June 5, 2003. The retailer is printing a free phone number on bottles of own-label fruit carbonates and...
- Retailers unite to fight campylobacter threat. Ford, Richard // Grocer;9/17/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 8022, p31
The article reports on the cooperation between several retailers including Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury to fund a three-year research project in 2011.
- Retail Event of the Year. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Nov/Dec2011 Awards, p27
The article focuses on Sainsbury's Our Conference 2010 which received the Retail Event of the Year award at the C&IT Excellence Awards.
- Sainsbury's appoints AnalogFolk to roster. // Campaign;11/1/2013, p06
The article announces the appointment by supermarket chain Sainsbury's of digital advertising agency AnalogFolk to its digital roster and is tasked to develop strategy and platforms for the brand's retail business.
- You don't twig it says c-store boss, as 500th Local opens. Phillips, Beth // Grocer;11/24/2012, p18
The article reports on the opening of a Sainsbury's convenience store in Portsmouth, England, marking the retailer's 500th Sainsbury's Local. Sainsbury's has recorded an average growth of 20 percent every year and its Local estate has been credited with playing an important role in the...