I joined the BMF to see the sea
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat? Coyle, Jay // Yachting;Sep2011, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p184
The article talks about whether boating and other exercises are closely related.
- Extend Yourself. WATTS, MARK // Boating World;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p18
The author presents tips for water-skiing and boating enthusiasts on how to extend the summer ski season and stay on the water longer even at the start of autumn. He recommends exercising and warming up for ten minutes before entering the water. Investing in a good full-suit or dry-suit to enjoy...
- A Pathfinder of Reference Sources for the Sport of Rowing. Meehan III, William F.; Murray, Steven R. // Sport Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p62
Rowing has a long, storied history. It is a popular competitive and recreational sport around the world. Whether on the water, in a boat, or on a rowing machine in a fitness center, rowing has long been championed by physicians and fitness experts as an excellent means of developing physical...
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Abdominal Exercisers, Cross-Country Ski Exercisers, Gliders and Riders, Rowing Machines, and Slant-Boards in India. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/16/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts depicting 2009-2014 Outlook for Abdominal Exercisers, Cross-Country Ski Exercisers, Gliders and Riders, Rowing Machines, and Slant-Boards in India are presented.
- OARSOME! Hadgraft, Beverley // Good Health (Australia Edition);Feb2010, p98
The article offers on paddling, such as kayaking, canoeing, and dragon boating, as a form of exercise in Australia. Former iron man Guy Leech states that because paddling is on the open space and on the water, the idea of doing it as an exercise suddenly seems more appealing. Techniques on how...
- Row, row, row your way to fitness. Gauvin, Sandi // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Nov2006, Issue 289, p24
The article provides information about the fitness benefits and advantages of rowing compared to other high-impact aerobic exercises such as running. Rowing is a low-impact exercise which is highly recommended for people with arthritis who want to attain aerobic fitness. It engages more muscles...
- THE BEST LIST. // Best Life;Sep2006, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p32
The article presents information on rowing, considered to be the best heart workout. Rowing strengthens the left ventricular chamber, the workhorse responsible for pumping blood throughout the body, when the chamber walls are thickened through exercise, the heart is more resistant to tissue loss...
- RUN to Fight HUNGER. N. D. // Natural Solutions;Apr2009, Issue 116, p75
The article provides information on how to suppress hunger. The author claims that there are two major appetite hormones: peptide YY, an appetite suppressor, and ghrelin, an appetite stimulator. He advises one to take an exercise to drop the ghrelin levels. In addition, treadmill activity, 30...
- Boating on Lake Powell. Woods, Pat // TravelAmerica;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p64
Presents an article on boating in Lake Powell, which is located between Arizona and Utah. Description of the lake; Highlights of the trip.