Diageo-backed translucis makes bid for retail clients
- TV screens target young pub-goers. // Marketing Week;11/16/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p8
Reports on the satellite entertainment system to broadcast advertisement and promotions on plasma screens in bars and pubs developed by Translucis. Capability to measure the correlation between brand exposure on-screen and its sales; Studies on the buying patterns of bar patrons.
- Youth bar ads could be one over the eight. Herberg, Ase // Marketing Week;11/23/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p24
Comments on the strategy of Diageo-owned media company Translucis in trying to offer youth lifestyle brands the chance to plug their advertisements on TV screens in pubs and bars in Great Britain. Measurement of the correlation between a drinks brand's exposure on screen and its sales behind...
- Translucis to roll out 'ad screens' in all Yates bars. // Marketing (00253650);5/3/2001, p7
Reports on the plan of Great Britain-based firm Translucis to expand nationwide. Signing of distribution deal with bar chain Yates; Translucis' installation of plasma screens in Yates bars.
- SIDEBAR: TAVERN ON RUSH. Caperton, Katie // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p6
Features the bar Tavern on Rush for the advertising crowd in Chicago, Illinois.
- BUFFALO WILD WINGS GRILL & BAR. Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/9/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 28, p21
Features the advertisement of Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar in Minneapolis. Creative director of the advertisement; Production manager; Advertising agency that handles the production.
- Baring the truth. // Advertising Age;9/5/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 37, p30
Features a print advertisement for Billy's Neighborhood Topless, a strip joint in Manhattan, New York. Agency Big-Bear.
- Luminar slammed over 60p promo. Foottit, Lesley // Publican's Morning Advertiser;4/28/2011, Issue 4, p7
The article reports that Luminar Leisure pub in Newcastle, England has been criticised for an irresponsible advertisement that claims to specialise in getting its customers drunk.
- HEADS UP. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;5/15/2002, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p97
Focuses on the beer promotions of drinking establishments in the U.S. Taster Racks of the Sharp Edge Beer Emporium; Features of the Great European Beerfest of Sharp Edge; Attitude of the Long Room tavern toward promotion. INSET: DRINKLINE..
- HK bars make headlines with Time and NatGeo lookalikes. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;6/14/2002, p23
Focuses on the advertising campaigns of the Hong Kong bars Joe Bananas and Mad Dogs in China. Enhancement of the drinking spree during the World Cup; Portrayal of images in entertainment magazines.