Portman Group raps Bulmers over packaging of flavored schnapps
- Portman concern on Tesco drink labels. Brooks, Josh // Packaging News;Jun2010, p1
The article reports that the Portman Group Ltd. has questioned the decision of Tesco PLC to move information on alcohol units from the back to the front of drinks packaging in Great Britain.
- Rubbel Sexy Lager: dressed down over 'sexy' marketing approach. // MarketWatch: Drinks;May2007, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that Rubbel Sexy Lager, a beer brand in Belgium brewed by Brouwerij Huyghe, has had its stock withdrawn from shelves in Great Britain because of its risque packaging. It has been noted that this beer brand features labels designed with women in swimwear that peels away to...
- Portman Group to list code breaches. Park, Jill // Packaging News;May2008, p12
The article reports on the move of Portman Group Ltd. to list the drinks that have code breaches in Great Britain. Management Consultancy PIPC has raised concerns regarding the packaging of 32 brands of the 485 brands commissioned by Portman Group. Moreover, 70 drinks have been found with code...
- Design choice: Strongbow. Armstrong, John // Marketing (00253650);8/17/2005, p7
This article presents information on the design of the Strongbow cider bottle. The Strongbow brand has for a long time languished in the kingdom of skint chav lads residing in the doorways of old Kilburn town, with a propensity to heckle every reasonably attractive under-60 woman with a pulse...
- Portman Group set to tighten code for marketing of shots. // Campaign;2/22/2002, Issue 7, p7
Reports on the implementation of marketing restrictions by the Portman Group in Great Britain. Regulation of the packaging, merchandising and advertising of alcohol brands; Restrictions on sponsorship, Web sites, sales promotion and advertising of shots.
- The Portman Group does not represent alcohol industry. Coussins, Jean // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/14/2004, Vol. 329 Issue 7462, p404
Presents a letter to the editor about the Portman Group and the Alcohol Education and Research Council, as well as the views of Robin Room.
- Portman rules against Jody Scheckter ale. // Grocer;10/20/2012, p4
The article reports that the Portman Group found that the ale developed by ex-Formula One star Jody Scheckter breached Portman Group's rules about the protection of children.
- Portman Group campaign champions self-regulation. // Marketing Week;11/6/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p5
A preview is offered for a press advertising campaign of Portman Group Ltd. to encourage consumers to complain about social responsibility issues surrounding alcohol.
- Sweary 'punks' are well edgy. // Grocer;5/3/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8152, p73
The article reports that Scottish anti-establishment brewery BrewDog issued an apology to the British trade group Portman Group, who ruled one of its beers breached its alcohol marketing code.