Camelot on defensive over 'Lotto' relaunch
- Camelot goes online to woo Lotto customers. // Precision Marketing;12/13/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p3
Reports on Camelot's launching of an online marketing campaign to help boost lottery sales in Great Britain. Online games promoted by the company; Camelot's offline advertising campaign.
- Camelot in ...29m vow even if it loses Lottery. Whitfield, Paul // Marketing (00253650);3/30/2000, p4
Reveals that Great Britain lottery operator Camelot has committed itself to spend as much as 29 million pounds sterling a year on marketing. Company's bid to run the National Lottery for seven years; Advertising campaign run by WCRS for the operator's three games.
- Camelot back 2000 draw with direct push. Whitfield, Paul // Marketing (00253650);11/25/1999, p12
Reports on lottery company Camelot's utilization of a marketing campaign to back up its millennium lottery game Big Draw 2000. Branded gift cards, quizzes, a Big Draw 2000 book and `News of the World' game card promotion; Advertisement promoting the game as a gift idea; Total spending on the...
- Camelot spends ...9.5m on New Year's Eve draw. Whitfield, Paul // Marketing (00253650);10/28/1999, p3
Reports on the marketing budget of Great Britain-based national lottery operator Camelot for a one-off millennium game called Big Draw 2000. Camelot's sales goal for the millennium promotion; Rules of the game; Launch of the marketing campaign on October 20, 1999.
- P-O-P firms hit the jackpot thanks to lottery relaunch. // In-Store Marketing;May2002, p5
Reports on the marketing of Lotto, the former National Lottery brand of Camelot in Great Britain. Remarks from Diane Thompson, chief executive of Camelot; Seasonal promotions to be introduced in 2002; Features of the play stations for the main lottery games; Number of point-of-purchase...
- Camelot rolls out revived ad drive for scratchcards. // Marketing (00253650);7/8/1999, p4
Focuses on lottery operator Camelot's plan to launch a promotional campaign to kickstart the scratchcards market in Great Britain.
- Camelot calls 30m pound media review. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;2/22/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p14
Reports that British lottery operator Camelot is reviewing all its advertising agency contracts as it prepares for the start of its second license period. Increase in marketing and advertising spending.
- Oflot scupppers Camelot plans to start daily National Lottery draws. // Marketing Week;4/9/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the efforts on Camelot company to run the National Lottery draws in the United Kingdom. Indication that regulator of the Officer of the National Lottery are not approving Camelot proposal; Reference to a National Lottery Bill.
- Camelot gambles on `daily' draws. Benady, David // Marketing Week (01419285);11/27/1997, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p5
Reports on Camelot's plan to introduce daily draws for the National Lottery in Great Britain. Company's effort to approach National Lottery regulator Peter Davis to seek permission to run the daily draws; Significance of the plan to Camelot.