Navigating the environmental insurance maze
- To BOP or not to BOP? ...that is the question. FORD, ROBERT S. // Resources Magazine;Summer2013, p14
The article offers the author's insights on the changes in the Businessowners Policy (BOP) in the U.S. In 2013. The author says that the 2013 BOP has increased the amount of coverage for all debris removal expenses from $10,000 to $25,000 and provides coverage for non-owned property. He mentions...
- Ensuring success. Hansen, Bill // Chef Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses the importance of insurance in the restaurant industry. The most common form of defense adopted by restaurant owners to protect themselves against losses is purchasing insurance for a specific event arranged by them. While purchasing insurance, the off-premises caterer...
- Good performance reported despite storm. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;11/29/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 48, p4
The article reports on the favorable insurers' financial results for 2004 in the U.S. Although the commercial property/casualty market probably peaked earlier this year and rates continue to soften, insurers are likely to continue reporting strong results this year. Through September 30, the 14...
- In Jeanne's aftermath, businesses' insurance may leave them uncovered. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;9/23/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p29
Reports on the worthlessness of insurance policies of businesses in Puerto Rico. Types of coverage used to protect property from storms; Concept of the power outage insurance; Increase in the prices of the reinsurance market.
- Business Income Insurance. Schechter, Norbert // CPA Journal;Nov2004, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on business income (BI) insurance in the U.S. Purpose of BI insurance; Information on a BI policy; Circumstances to which dependent property coverage expands BI services.
- Don't get shortchanged on Katrina cover. Pasich, Kirk // Business Insurance;11/14/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p36
The article discusses how many businesses are grappling with obtaining coverage under their property insurance policies for both physical property losses and time-element losses in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Because of the length and complexity of provisions in property policies,...
- AON Offers Best Practice Tips for Certificates of Insurance and Contracts. // Parks & Recreation;Oct2009, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p55
The article presents best practice tips for certificates of insurance and contracts offered by AON Enterprise Insurance Services Inc. A certificate of insurance is a standard business document used to verify existence of insurance, obtained from the other organization's insurance provider. It is...
- On the Need to Get it Right. Hillman, Bruce // Claims;Nov2005, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p26
Presents the text of letters about insurance coverage for commercial property loss. Incident involving insurance coverage under the commercial property policy; Scope of a business personal property policy; Items in the declaration page of the policy that must be examined.
- Commercial Lines Prove Commercial. D'Souza, Clinton // Canadian Underwriter;Oct2012, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p87
The author reflects on the predicament of the commercial lines industry. He explains the challenge for underwriters which is the ability to acquire and evaluate information during the time of submission and policy term. He concludes that carriers consider efficiency and operations perspective...