Can an aquarium float Atlantic Station?
- From Boom to Bust. Ginsberg, Steve // National Real Estate Investor;Oct2002, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p85
Deals on the economic recovery of the real estate development in San Francisco, California. Occupancy rates of the hotel; Exception of residential industry in the central business district; Decrease of rental rates in the state.
- IN PROGRESS: HOLLYWOOD & VINE. // Retail Traffic;Jul2005, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p14
Features Hollywood & Vine, a mixed-use revitalization project developed by Legacy Partners and Gatehouse Capital in Los Angeles, California.
- Mixing and Matching. Field, Katherine // Chain Store Age;Oct2008, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p89
The article considers the growth in mixed-use projects in the U.S. As mixed-use projects continue to pop up around the country, the landscape has become at once more rigid and more flexible. A credit crisis, heightened bankruptcy angst and slowed retail expansion rates have taken a toll not just...
- Growing With Confidence. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p87
The article reports that Cherokee County cities have made the most of their differences, making some of the state's fastest growth also the smartest. There's a new technology park, a 90-acre greenbelt, the Appalachian Tech campus and a raw water reservoir. Last year's announcement of Downtown...
- WHAT'S THE 'MIXED' USE OF HOTELS? Mayes, Dominic; Cushing, Karl // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/13/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4323, p122
Discusses the role of hotels in mixed-used developments. Support offered by a hotel to occupants of mixed-use scheme; Service rendered by a hotel operator to property developers; Benefits of mixed-use developments.
- Mixed use on the menu for resort development. Johnson, Allie // Hotel & Motel Management;1/7/2008, Vol. 223 Issue 1, p44
The article provides information on the topics to be discussed at the panel session entitled "The Resort Segment Isn't Just About Hotel Rooms Anymore," during The Americas Lodging Investment Conference in Los Angeles, California on January 28-30, 2008. Panelists suggested that developers should...
- NEVADA READY MIX MAKES MAT FOUNDATION POUR AT JUHL. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);8/28/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 35, Special section p11
The article reports on the midnight foundation pour made by Nevada Ready Mix for Juhl, a new mixed-use development in downtown Las Vegas, Nevada. The plans for the project call for 6 concrete-and-glass towers from 6 to 15 stories tall, connected by walkways. The facility is invisible from the...
- Understanding and balancing mixed-use schemes:The key to creating successful communities. Anders, Mark // Journal of Retail & Leisure Property;Apr2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p353
The right balance of uses within a scheme may make a mixed-use scheme successful and financially viable in its own right, but it is necessary to ensure that these types of development genuinely contribute to the sustainability of an area, and that they relate to their immediate setting and...
- EJM builds $35 million worth of new projects. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);12/31/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 53, Special section p13
The article reports on the December 2007 ground breaking for the $35 million, 450-acre mixed-use project called the Arroyo, from EJM Development Co. The master-planned business park is located on both sides of the I-215 Beltway between Rainbow Boulevard and Buffalo Drive in Las Vegas, Nevada....