STRIP CENTER FACTS
- NRF Raises Small Retailers' Profile. // MMR;8/18/2014, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p183
The article reports the move by the National Retail Federation (NRF) as of mid-August 2014 to establish the Small Business Retail Council in order to raise the profile of small retailers in the U.S.
- Retailers Group Applauds Small Business Health Fairness Act. // Insurance Advocate;05/26/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 21, p46
Reports that the National Retail Federation (NRF) is praising the introduction of the Small Business Health Fairness Act of 2001. Benefit that can be gained from the act; Remarks from Katherine Lugar, NRF vice president for government relations.
- Noteworthy Numbers. // Garden Center Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p98
The article presents statistics about retailing and retail sales in the U.S., as of July 2013, including the amount of annual sales posted by small business, according to the National Retail Federation, the percentage of retail companies that only have one location, and the number of people in...
- NRF focuses on customer privacy. // Automatic I.D. News;Jun98, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the National Retail Federation's release of its principles on customer data privacy to serve as a framework for retail companies' specific policies on the use of customer buying data. Key provisions; Consumer rights considered by the group in developing the principles.
- Patron of arts. // Chain Store Age;Jan1999, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p72
Reports on the intention of the National Retail Federation (NRF) to be incorporated into the Association of Retail Technology Standards (ARTS). Comments from Dick Mader, ARTS chairman and chief information officer at Boscov's Department Stores; Advantages of the merger between NRF and ARTS;...
- Fears of a 'double-dip' recession unfounded. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/29/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 30, p14
Focuses on the optimism expressed by the National Retail Federation on the retail industry in the U.S. Factors contributing to the economy's expansion; Concerns about a double-dip recession; Increase in the hiring by temporary employment firms.
- Retailers Forecast 4 Percent Sales Increase. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/28/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p8
The article discusses highlights of the National Retail Federation's (NRF) Retail Sales Outlook which projected retail sales to rise 4 percent in 2011 in a strengthening economy.
- NRF: January Marks Seventh Straight Month Of Retail Sales Gains. // Home Textiles Today;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p2
The article offers information on the retail sales gain in January 2011 in the U.S. due to increased consumer spending, as stated by the National Retail Federation (NRF).
- NRF: Retail Container Traffic to be Up 11% In February, 6% in First Half Of 2011. // Home Textiles Today;2/21/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p20
The article offers information on the prediction by the National Retail Federation (NRF) on the increase in the import cargo volume at retail container ports in the U.S. by 11% in February 2011 and 6% in the first half of the year.