- The Impact of Staffing Policies on Retail Buyer Job Attitudes and Behaviors. Ganesan, Shankar; Weitz, Barton A. // Journal of Retailing;Spring96, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p31
Examines the impact of staffing policies on the job attitudes and behaviors of retail employees. Promotion from within; Promotion through seniority; Well-defined career paths; Opportunities for intraorganizational mobility.
- Stores scramble for seasonal help. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/08/99, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p3
Focuses on the difficulty of retailers to hire additional employees for the 1999 holiday season in Cleveland, Ohio. Preparation of store owners for an expected busy holiday period; Example of the employment dilemma of Jo-Ann Stores Inc.; Incentives of store owners in hiring seasonal employees.
- People Today. // Home Textiles Today;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p35
Reports on executive appointments in the United States retail industry as of February 5, 2001. HomeBase's promotion of Henry Ragin to the post of senior vice president; Saks Inc.'s appointment of George Jones chief executive officer of its department store group; New board members elected by...
- YOUR force. Prokopeak, Mike // Workforce;Nov2014, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p4
The article focuses on the retail workers who need to hire more employees for smooth work and to meet the demands of the customers during the holiday season in the U.S.
- Holiday retail hiring rising, but won't reach pre-recession levels. Reinhardt, Eric // Business Journal (Central New York);10/1/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p5
The article focuses on the annual holiday-hiring forecast from Challenger, Gray & Christmas Inc., a global outplacement firm in Chicago, that was released in September 20, 2010 which states that retailers are starting to boost hiring for the holiday season in New York.
- Walmart Joins List of Retailers Expecting a Big Holiday Rush. Lynch, Erin // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;9/24/2012, p9
The article reports on the move of many retailers in the U.S. to hire seasonal employees for the 2012 holiday season. The Limited has announced its plan to hire 2,000 season employees at distribution centers while Kohl's announced its plans to boost staffers by 10% for the holiday rush. Gisel...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;04/16/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p8
Reports developments in the book publishing industry in Great Britain as of April 2001. Selection of Penguin chief executive officer Anthony Forbes Watson as president of the Publisher's Association of England; Increase on the retail sales of WH Smith; Impact of the foot and mouth disease...
- Brewery's Pink Slip Party Has a High-Tech Twist. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;4/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p10
Reports the pink slip party sponsored by high technology trade groups to help companies in recruiting workers in San Din Diego, California. Factors behind the move; Screening of resumes; Provision of information on prospective employees.
- people on the move. // Furniture/Today;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p28
Reports on executive appointments in the furniture and retail industries in the United States and Canada, as of November 2000. Millennium division of Ashley; Elite Leather; Serta; Americraft Leather; Daniel Lynch Sales Co.