Sears boosts brand image with Lands' End purchase
- Legal Team Helps Sears Seal Lands' End Deal. Johnson, Lloyd; Kelly, Anastasia D. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 128, p14
Reports on Sears PLC acquisition of Lands' End Inc. Legal team that helped in the acquisition; Terms of the merger.
- Sears Sees New Beginning in Apparel After Acquisition of Lands' End. Dolbow, Sandra // Brandweek;5/20/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 20, p40
Focuses on the plan of Sears to acquire Lands' End as of May 2002. Reduction in the assortment of Sears to private brands; Impact of the acquisition on Sears; Risks of the potential for markdowns and quality control issues.
- Sears Lands Lands' End. // Chain Store Age;Jun2002, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the acquisition of catalog retailer Lands' End by Sears in a move that is expected to invigorate Sears' drab apparel offering as of June 2002. Significance of the addition of Lands' End merchandise to Sears; Percentage of the private-label brands reduced by Sears in 2000 and 2001;...
- The Untaxables. Lemov, Penelope // Governing;Jul2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p36
Deals with the development of a uniform sales tax-collection process plan for the Internet marketing industry in the U.S. Details on the merger of retailers Sears and Lands' End; Ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court on the right of a company to collect taxes; Sales-tax losses from Internet sales...
- Sears CEO's task: Smooth journey for Lands' End. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/20/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p10
Reports the acquisition of Lands' End, a seller of sailing equipment, by the Sears. Amount of the acquisition; Role chief executive Alan Lacy on the acquisition agreement; Improvement of the marketing strategy of the company.
- Sears Agrees To Acquire Lands' End. Wheeler, Jennifer // Textile World;Jun2002, Vol. 152 Issue 6, p10
No abstract available.
- Goodbye Lands' End, the Royalty of Customer Service. Fluss, Donna // Customer Interface;Jul2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p10
Comments on the merger of retail companies, Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Lands' End. Impact of the merger on customer servicing, resulting from different business culture; Description of the business market models of the companies; Effect of the merger on the employees of the companies.
- Deal of the Century. Miller, Paul; Del Franco, Mark // Catalog Age;Jun2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
Reports the acquisition of Lands' End by Sears Roebuck & Co. in Illinois. Terms of the agreement; Development of brand awareness; Access of the company database.
- Sears goes to Lands' End in search of brand appeal. Heller, Laura // DSN Retailing Today;6/10/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p5
Reports on the acquisition of Lands' End by Sears as of June 2002. Importance of the acquisition; Details of Sears' implementation of operational initiatives; Information on Lands' End clothing apparel.