Goliath vs. David
- The growing strength of REITs in New Jersey. Ketron, Holly McL. // Business News New Jersey;10/06/97, Vol. 10 Issue 34, p38
Presents a directory of private and public companies of the National Association of Real Estate Industry Trusts, a trade organization in Washington (D.C.) Definition of a real estate investment trust; Listing of real estate companies in New Jersey; Listing of companies in other states.
- The private real estate community can benefit from REITs. Lefkovits, Stephen // National Real Estate Investor;Jan98, Vol. 40 Issue 1, Multifamily Monitor p7
Focuses on the debate concerning the value of real estate investment trusts (REITs) for the private real estate community in the United States. Summary of positions on the debate; Arguments raised by both camps; Risk perception and compensation; Liquidity issues; Credit risk analysis; Flow of...
- Reit Pulse. // National Real Estate Investor;10/15/99, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p30
Presents the list of top real estate investment trusts (REITs) in the United States. Implied market capitalization of the REITs; Real estate business focus of the REITs; Prices of the stocks.
- A REIT consolidation wave? Numbers tell a different story. Valley, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2000, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p108
Comments on the possible consolidation trend in the real estate investment trust (REIT) sector in the United States. Pace of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in 1998 and 1999; M&A activity in the commercial real estate industry; Discrepancy that developed between the multiples of REIT.
- REITs redefine real estate. Copulsky, Erica // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/98, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p38
Reports on the activities of public companies in the real estate sector in the United States during 1997. Radical revision of the definition of real estate; New issuance for real estate investment trusts (REITs); Shift of REIT assets into the public sector; Heightened mergers and acquisitions...
- Largest real estate investment trusts. Fenrick, Katrina; Min, Andrew // Crain's Chicago Business;07/05/99, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p19
Ranks the largest real estate investment trusts in Chicago, Illinois, based on number of properties held as of December 31, 1998. Percentage of change from 1997; Total square footage; Value of assets managed; Key executives.
- Some experts optimistic about future of real estate capital market. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/7/95, Vol. 34 Issue 32, p13
Reports on real estate experts' optimism on prospects of the real estate market in Connecticut. Gains from interest rate cut by the Federal Reserve Board; Yield competitiveness of real estate investment trusts (REIT); Limited capital problems for newer REITs.
- An Examination of Real Estate Investment Trusts. Lewis, James E. // Appraisal Journal;Jul73, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p350
Examines the nature and operating procedures of real estate investment trusts (REIT) in the United States. Historical background of REIT; Types of REIT; Risk factors of organizing and owning a REIT; Comparison of the REIT format to other forms of real estate ownership.
- Real Estate Investment Trusts--'The New Billionaires' Smith, Don L. // Appraisal Journal;Jan1974, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p129
Describes the real estate investment trusts (REIT) that allow small investor to participate in diversified real estate portfolios in the United States. Criteria to be met before a trust can qualifies; History of REIT; Various categories of REIT according to the nature of investment; Principal...