Arkansas High Court: District Can Join Lawsuit
- Supply-chain accounting. Cullen, John // Financial Management;Oct2006, p27
The article focuses on the study of supply-chain accounting of the company School Trends. The core business of the firm is the production of customized school uniforms. In the study, its supply chain including clothes suppliers, were explored. In order to identify weaknesses and solutions,...
- Improving productivity within the finance function. Nogiec, Derek // CMA Magazine;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p34
Cites changes on the function of corporate financial departments. Management of both financial and non-financial information that could affect the company's future growth and competitiveness; Increase in the role of the finance function in corporate decision-making; Use of desktop productivity...
- Worth more than money. // Public Finance;05/01/98, p13
Discusses the role of a local government finance director in Great Britain. Approach need by finance directors to financial strategy and planning; Involvement of a director in corporate management; Sources of tension within a finance director's role.
- Helpdesk. // Public Finance;04/19/96, p23
Focuses on several questions with corresponding answers on various technical issues concerning finance departments in Great Britain. Legislative provisions that cover the role of the probation services treasurers; How to consider a credit arrangement with another company; How to treat costs...
- New York City TFA upheld by state court. Kruger, Daniel, // Bond Buyer;11/26/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30281, p56
Reports on the New York State Supreme Court's decision to uphold the constitutionality of New York City Transitional Finance Authority.
- AND NEVER THE TWAIN SHALL MEET? Falconi, Robert // Accountancy;May97, Vol. 119 Issue 1245, p39
Focuses on the role of the finance department in a company's business operations. Problems in finance departments' relationships with operations departments; Tips on how to improve relations between finance and operations departments.
- The future structure of the finance function. Phillips, George // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p12
Gives prediction for the future of the finance function, based on a recent research and survey of finance staff at large British companies. Impact of stable versus dynamic environments; Characteristics of the finance section.
- Re-engineering the finance function. Bellis-Jones, Robin // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Feb96, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p19
Examines the process of re-engineering the finance section as we move to the year 2000. Cost of the finance section; Need for finance section to become a genuinely integrated part of the business and add real value to the decision making process.
- Finance department fail to harness technology. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug1999, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the findings by research firm Hyperion on the role of corporate finance departments in business planning and analysis in Great Britain. Percent of finance managers involved in the analysis of non-finance data; Failure to use technology in analysis procedures.