With Money Tight, Colorado Agency Halves Transportation Issue to $220 Million
- Utah to Use New Bonding Authorization, Bring $295 Million of GOs to Market. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31403, p48
Reports the plan of Utah government to sell the general obligation bonds. Importance of the sale in a highway construction; Construction of building projects; Total sale of the general obligation bonds.
- ARIZONA MOVES ON WITH BONDS. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/17/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 12, p18
Reports on the use of Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicle bonds to cut total construction time on State Route 85 section by the Arizona state transportation officials. Benefits of the program; Amount of the widening program; Repayment of bonds through TEA-21 funding.
- Government to issue more than $200 million in GOs to finish PR-66. Márquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;3/3/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p2
The article reports that a general-obligation bond (GO) issuance is being prepared by the government which could possibly exceed 200 million dollars in Puerto Rico. It is noted that majority of the funds raised in the GO issuance will be used to complete the expansion of Roberto SÃ¡nchez...
- TEXAS: Hays Seeks Road-Debt Hike. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32872, p9
The article focuses on the approval of the 1.8-cent tax increase supporting $159 million road bonds under the pass-through financing scheme in Hays County, Texas. The local governments provide up-front financing for projects and are reimbursed by the Texas Department of Transportation according...
- NEW MEXICO: Highway Safety. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p39
Reports that the New Mexico Board of Finance has approved the state Highway & Transportation Department's (HTD) plan to issue $95 million of revenue bonds for financing the widening of a hazardous highway stretch. Objection by state legislators to the decisions made by state authorities...
- Report: As Traffic Congestion Grows, More Construction Needed. Sanchez, Humberio // Bond Buyer;9/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31964, p5
Reports that construction of more highway and public transit projects are needed to help alleviate increasing traffic congestion in the U.S. in 2004. Tax-exempt bond issuance that can be spurred by an increase in the construction of roads and mass transit projects; Use of bonds by states and...
- Thanks to Voters, Texas DOT Can Now Issue Highway Bonds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31721, p1
Reports on the provision of authority to the Texas Department of Transportation to issue highway revenue bonds. Issuance of debt to support the military base of the state by the Texas Public Finance Agency; Aim of financing highway projects; Result of the sale of toll revenue bonds by the Texas...
- Wisconsin Plan Hikes Road Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/20/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31597, p1
Reports on proposals for increasing revenue borrowings for funding the construction of roads made in the Wisconsin budget for the fiscal years 2003-2005. Amount of revenue borrowings proposed for funding road construction; Additional details regarding these proposals; Details of bonds that...
- Georgia Rolls on Roads. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p1
Reports on the sale of the guaranteed revenue bonds for road projects of Georgia. Preparation to sell general obligation bonds; Concerns over declining revenues; Generation of motor fuel taxes; Assessment of taxing power and full faith and credit.