Former Muni Head Looks Back on Tenure at Bank One
- A Reversal of Fortune? Quittner, Jeremy // Bank Technology News;Dec2004, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p30
The article reports that the newly merged mega-bank, which combines the assets of Bank One Corp. and JPMorgan Chase to create one of the largest financial services companies in the world, was not the only example of an institution pulling out of a large outsourcing contract. A glimpse at...
- Deloitte study: A lack of current financial data increases risk for government agencies. // CMA Management;Oct2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p9
The article discusses the results on the survey about the financial management capability of Canada's public sector finance departments. Respondents believe that their organizations lack some financial management capabilities. Finance officials should overcome problems to justify their place at...
- WORK-EXPERIENCE PARTNERSHIP SEEKS YOUNG BUSINESS MINDS. // Financial Management;Nov2005, p5
The article reports that The Charted Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) has linked up with the Trident Trust, the largest coordinator of work experience in Great Britain, to help place work experience students in finance related roles. This scheme will put young students at the forefront...
- IT and finance must pull together. Harding, Paul // Computer Weekly;5/29/2007, p18
The article presents the author's views on the need for collaboration between Information Technology (IT) and finance departments. The author observes that selection and implementation of a new finance system is one of the most critical IT processes an IT professional and an organization will...
- La productividad de los departamentos financieros. Billon, Edouard Coiraton // Estrategia Financiera;2012, Vol. 27 Issue 296, p12
No abstract available.
- La senda de la eficiencia: externalizaciÃ³n en los departamentos financieros. Garrán Pedraza, Jesús // Estrategia Financiera;2011, Vol. 26 Issue 289, p60
No abstract available.
- ANALYSING DATA FOR A COMPETITIVE EDGE. Cronin, Garrett // Accountancy Ireland;Oct2012, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p26
The author discusses strategic ability in accounting as a competitive tactic and describes characteristics of top financial organizations. Topics include performance management and strategic decision-making through advanced data analysis, business models and strategy, and the "Finance Benchmark...
- Does finance and entrepreneurism mix? Brenda Lee Tang // Contact Magazine;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p58
The article discusses the report on the the challenges faced by a chief financial officers (CFOs). Topics include business departments partnering with finance department can provide better decision support, key performance indicators (KPI's) and the growing digitization of businesses. Also, need...
- With no office but big loans, Bank One is LV's stealth lender. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;04/14/97, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p22
Reports on Bank One's expansion plans in Las Vegas, Nevada. Program to increase market share; Loans made to local homebuilders; Lack of investment in the community.