THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Arizona County Calls Off $141 Million Plaza Project. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/6/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31443, p3
Reports the proposed budget for the construction of Plaza de Maricopa project in Arizona. Instability of the municipal budgets; Use of bond sale proceeds for the project; Increase of property tax rates for property owners.
- Rockwood bond issue would extend district's 68-cent debt service rate. Shapiro, Mary // South County Journal;3/14/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, pA3
The article discusses a bond issue which does not call for a tax increase but instead extends the open 68-cent debt service portion of the district's tax rate.
- Bond issue would extend 68-cent debt service rate. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;3/14/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, pA5
The article reports on the ballot for Proposition R, a 43.2 million U.S. dollar bond issue that extends the 68-cent debt service portion of tax rate in Rockwood School District in Missouri, to be held on April 3, 2012.
- Growth Impact supports $86.7 million. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/12/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 36, p1A
The article focuses on the $86.7 million bond proposal of the Growth Impact Committee in Hays, Texas.
- Tulsa Schools Question. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32309, p27
The article reports on the placement of a proposed bond issue of more than $36 million, as voted by trustees of Tulsa County Independent School District No. 11 in Oklahoma, also known as Owasso Public Schools. The proposal will be up for voting on April 4, 2006. Tax rates will not be raised by...
- Michigan Town Takes Tax Hike Over Debt Litigation. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;4/17/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33896, p1
The article informs that natives of Sylvan Township in Michigan have voted to tax rate of their local township to pay off the bonds of 12.5 million U.S. dollars. It mentions that property owners of the township property will also pay property taxes to school district, county and special...
- The age allowance trap. Foreman, Tony; Forster, Pannell Kerr; Lazda, Angela // Accountancy;Aug1995, Vol. 116 Issue 1224, p98
The article reports on the reduction of age-related personal allowance of individuals aged 65 or over in 1995-1996, whose total income exceeds Â£14,600. This reduction, on the basis of Â£1 of the allowance for every Â£2 of income, which is first applied to the single age-related allowance,...
- NEPRIKLAUSOMOS LIETUVOS MOKESÄŒIÅ² SISTEMOS RAIDOS TYRIMAS. Novošinskienė, Albina // Science & Studies of Accounting & Finance: Problems & Perspectiv;2012, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p165
Lithuanian tax system had many reforms since its creation: tax base was expended, tax rates were changed, new laws and taxes were created, custom control and tax administration process became more strict, new taxes were putted on foreign and lottery companies, taxes were putted on dividends,...
- Value Investing: Adjusting the Gauge for Today's Market. KNEPP, TIM // On Wall Street;May2009, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on the need for value investors to exercise caution in using the old metrics in considering the market in this economic climate. As stated, the Du Pont formula is one approach that considers the four variables including tax rates, pretax profits and sales in relation to...