Timing Is Just Right for New York, San Diego Offerings
- Liquidity hunt hits managers. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;11/10/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 23, p1
The article reports on an increase in redemption requests from hedge fund investors in the fourth quarter of 2008 in the U.S. According to a poll of hedge fund and fund-of-funds managers conducted by consultant Rocaton Investment Advisors LLC, most hedge funds received redemption request for 10%...
- Risky share buybacks the canary in the coal mine for investors. Kehoe, John // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);6/29/2015, p20
The article reports that activist investors are demanding that firms in the U.S. buy back shares and pay more dividends.
- Investors Turn Away from U.S. Equity in April. // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p1
The article focuses on investor trends in the U.S., based on data released by Strategic Insight, an asset International company, as of May 2015. It shows rise in investments to bond and stock funds, decline in investment to equity funds, and increase in net redemptions in money market funds....
- Investors Flee Puerto Rico Funds. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;10/28/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34002, p1
The article reflects on the impact of Puerto Rico debt increase on U.S. investors and fund managers. It informs that data from the bond market analysis firm Lipper FMI has revealed that net redemptions from OppenheimerFunds Inc.'s municipal bond funds totaled 647 million U.S. dollars as of...
- Shareholders & investors. // Corporate Board;May/Jun95, Vol. 16 Issue 92, p28
Reports on developments affecting shareholder and investors in the United States as of June 1995. Effect of succession moves on stock prices; Employee control of corporate equity.
- Managing the managers. Green, Byron // Business Press;9/15/95, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p23
Reports that investors turned to professional managers for supervision of their monies. Evaluation of performance record; Simplest methods.
- Alternative risk financing grows. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;12/09/96, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p1
Reports that changes in management of corporate risk in the United States has resulted in the use of far reaching alternative risk financing programs, according to a panel of experts. Methods used as alternative strategies; Comments from Mark E. Anderson, panelist and KPMG Peat Marwick L. L. P....
- Performance mania: Statistical truth, moral lie. Kelley, Craig // San Diego Business Journal;11/11/96, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p18
States that investors are focusing on their short-term performance, whilst they should be evaluating their own behavior, and their long-term strategies. Length of the short-term period; Inability of investors to infer useful information from this period; Suggestions for investor success.
- More international dishes for Merrill, Orbitex, and American Century menus. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;10/10/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 196, p9
Focuses on the effort of some investors in the United States to sample new funds internationally. Merrill Lynch & Co.'s taking of subscriptions for of its Global Growth Fund; Orbitex Management Inc.'s launching of its two Asian funds.