DOT Considers Lowering Threshold for TIFIA Projects
- DoT bus overhaul goes green. Goode, Darren // Hill;10/5/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 109, p18
The article reports on the announcement made by the U.S. Transportaton Department regarding the availability of 776 million dollars worth of discretionary grants for the improvement of bus services in 45 states in 2010.
- DOT Creates TIFIA Office. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;03/15/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31097, p6
Reports that the United States Department of Transportation has created a formal office to manage federal credit programs administered under the Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act. Intended purpose of the federal agency for establishing a formal structure to manage federal...
- Funding veto sidestepped. // Traffic World;08/03/98, Vol. 255 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on a presidential veto of the fiscal 1999 United States Department of Transportation appropriations bill. Implication of a possible amendment to be presented by the US Senate; Purpose of the Project Labor Agreements (PLA); Implcations of a substitute amendment.
- State Transportation Officials Defend TEA-21's Budget Firewall. Ichniowski, Tom // ENR: Engineering News-Record;02/07/2000, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p15
Reports on the decision of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials to defend the TEA-21 budget firewalls. Other priorities of the association; Proposed budget of United States (US) President Bill Clinton for the US Department of Transportation; Information on the...
- DOT Awards Spurned Florida Funds to Other Rail Projects. McGee, Dennis // Bond Buyer;5/10/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33514, p6
The article reports on the announcement given by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) concerning its appropriation of 2 billion dollars grants to 15 states and rail projects of Amtrak.
- Bonanza Ban. Resnick, Amy // Governing;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p52
Reveals the plans of the U.S. Treasury Department to eliminate tax-advantaged municipal leases. Implications of the plan for local transportation agencies; Worth of the budget shortfall facing agencies due to the proposal.
- MILLIONS IN TIGER GRANTS UP FOR GRABS. Szakonyi, Mark // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);4/20/2015, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Transportation's acceptance of applications for the latest round of grants through the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) program until June 5, 2015.
- Rhode Island, Providence Get TIGER Grant Funds. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;9/18/2014, p16
The article reports that the state of Rhode Island has received a Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation for the establishment of a mass transit center in Providence, Rhode Island as of September 2014.
- United States : USA: DOT awarded around $10.5m in federal funds to MINOT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. // TendersInfo News;8/4/2014, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Department of Transportation's approval of an estimated 10.5 million dollars in grant to fund runway and apron projects at the Minot International Airport in North Dakota.