Montgomery County, Md., Council Passes $2.9 Billion Budget for Coming Year
- Sekulow's Bad Deal: Their 'Free Exercise' At Your Expense. Lynn, Barry W. // Church & State;Jun2003, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on the constitutionality of expressing religious orientation in the public schools in the U.S. Disapproval of a state grant applied by a pastoral ministry student; Ban on teachers from wearing religious symbols; Barriers to public funding of religious activities.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;5/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31391, p31
Reports on economic developments in the U.S. as of May 2002. Reduction of state budget for public schools; Approval of the HB 2403 legislation; Plans for the jail system.
- Milwaukee Readies $183 Million Issuance for Schools. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p5
Reports the marketing of general obligation corporate purpose bonds the state government in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Finance for the infrastructure projects; Generation of cash-flow needs of the public schools; Improvement of the financial systems.
- State Data Relating to Discussion. // Congressional Digest;Feb46, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p42
Presents a chart depicting the federal funds for public schools in the U.S.
- House Boosts Schools 4%. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p31
The article reports on the approval of an increase of four percent or $103 million in education funding for the 2007-2008 school year by the Iowa House of Representatives. The amount is $50 million short of the six percent increase Iowa Democrats sought in the public school aid formula....
- Miami-Dade Grand Jury Puts School Funding in the Dock. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;07/13/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30931, p26
Reports that a grand jury in Florida has decided that the state is unfair in distributing public money to finance public school facilities construction projects. Faults in the state's distribution system for public money; Failure to follow Florida's constitution in distributing funds.
- Letters and Billions. // America;2/16/1935, Vol. 52 Issue 19, p438
The author proposes ways to prevent the abuse of public school funds in the U.S. in 1935. A survey of the financial system of public schools, according to the author, may disclose heavy taxation of cities which hinders their ability to support educational projects. The expansion of courses is...
- $111 Billion Received by Public Schools in 1981. T. M. // Education Week;4/13/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 29, p11
The article reports on the increase in the total revenue of public schools during the year 1981 as reported by the U.S. Bureau of the Census. The schools' revenues came from local governments, state level and the federal government. Among its expenditures, salaries and wages have the largest...
- Several MNPS Schools Get Healthy with Freah Fruit and Veggies. // Tennessee Tribune;6/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p3A
The article reports on the 171,000 dollars worth of the Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Grant from the Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Program (FFVP) received by several Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) in Tennessee to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables for students in the 2010-2011 academic school...