Munis Steady as N.Y.C. GOs Hit Retail
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p2
Reports on developments related to bond issues as of October 30, 2002 in the U.S. Downturn of the consumer confidence index; Auction of the four-week bills of the Treasury Department; Downgrading of the South Glens Falls, New York Central School District's rating by Moody's Investors Service.
- Election Results. The TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p28
Presents information regarding voter approval of bonds in Oklahama. Amount of Fort Gibson bond; Bonds defeated in the state; Approval to Fort Gibson's New Library.
- Treasuries Rise Following Karachi Blast. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31408, p2
Reports the increase of the municipal bonds after a bomb explosion in Pakistan. Decline of consumer sentiment; Estimation of price gains; Creation of ongoing upward price momentum.
- Massachusetts Deal Uses CPI To Help Investors Beat Inflation. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p1
Reports that Massachusetts has employed general obligation bonds to the consumer price index (CPI) for protection of investors against inflation. Prices of CPI bonds on February 27, 2003; Benefits for investors from the CPI bonds; Aftermaths of the state's decision to use CPI bonds.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31365, p35
Presents a chart depicting the bond buyer new-issue calendar in the U.S. as of April 15, 2002. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated note offerings.
- Consumer confidence on rebound, says conference board. Rozelle, Walter N. // Textile World;Apr96, Vol. 146 Issue 4, p15
Reports on the rebuilding of consumer confidence, following a February 1996 report from the Conference Board. How a higher level of consumer spending could regenerate the economy; Effects of a rise in interest rates on bond prices.
- $70 million of muni-CPIs included in Delaware agency's deal. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;07/07/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30181, p32
Reports on the issuance by the Delaware Valley Regional Finance Authority of bonds linked to the United States consumer price index (CPI). Use of interest rate swap to avoid assuming CPI liability; Investors' reception of the CPI-linked bonds; List of previous CPI bond issues.
- Yield Indexes Fall; Investors Lack Concern About Inflation. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p29
Reports on the decline of consumer price indexes. Lack of real pricing pressure; Growth in industrial production; Bond prices.
- Muni Yields Rise 4-5 Basis Points; $1.1 Billion in New Issues Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 8, 2003. Increase in cash bond yields; Total amount of consumer credit for the month of August 2003; General revenue bonds priced and repriced by Lehman Brothers Inc.