S&P Greets Davis Budget With Gloom
- MSKB's Jester Warns Derivatives Misuse Will Heighten Regulation. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31967, p1
Reports on the warning of derivatives misuse in the municipal market by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in Chicago, Illinois. Settlement of charges with the National Association of Securities Dealers; Activity of the self-regulatory organizations; Impact of heavy-handed regulation on...
- A better use for $10 billion? Heney, Paul J. // Motion System Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Feb2003, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p6
Comments on the impact of the Gulf War on the government budget in the U.S. Derivation of sizeable tax credits to businesses; Views of the Congressional Budget Office on post-war stabilization; Increase in research for renewable energy sources.
- Credit agency cuts outlook for county. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);8/29/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, pA7
Reports on Standard & Poor's Inc.'s downgrading of the credit rating of Spokane County, Washington. Reasons behind the revision; Impact of the rating downgrade on the county's financial position.
- Credit status connected to reserve levels. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/1/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p3
Reports the decline of the state budget in Indiana. Failure of the General Assembly to enact tax restructuring; Occurrence of credit downgrade; Reduction of state spending.
- Illinois Legislature OKs Fee Increases For State CUs, Banks. Roberts, Ed // Credit Union Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p3
Discussion the implications of the broad package of tax and fee increases introduced by state lawmakers of Illinois in order to deal with the state budget gap on state credit unions. Increase in supervisory fees on state-chartered credit unions; Possibility for funds traditionally earmarked for...
- ILLINOIS: The Fall of Libertyville. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33279, p9
The article reports on the decline of Libertyville, Illinois' general obligation rating by two points, as provided by the Moody's Investor Service, and affirmed its outlook due to a deteriorated fiscal position.
- Moody's Downgrades Wisconsin. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/29/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31213, p1
Reports decline in the credit rating given by Moody's Investors Service to the state of Wisconsin. Impact of the credit rating on the state; Factors contributing to the decline in the credit rating; Efforts of state officials to improve bond ratings and stabilize budget policies.
- Moody's Affirms Florida Catastrophe Fund's Upgrade to Aa3. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service announced on August 25, 2004, that it will maintain its upgraded Aa3 rating on the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund. Review of Hurricane Charley's battery of Florida on August 13, 2004; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on...
- CERTAIN PROBLEMS OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF FINANCE AND CREDIT IN THE PROCESS OF BUILDING COMMUNISM. Plotnikov, K. // Problems of Economics;Feb65, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p31
Discusses certain problems regarding the development of finance and credit in the process of building communism in the Soviet Union. Problem of enhancing the role of finance in the process of material production; More rapid growth of the profits of socialist enterprises and organizations as...