Senate Panel OKs $35B Water Investment Act by 13-6 Margin
- time line. // State News (Council of State Governments);Aug2005, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p39
Presents updates on social problems confronted by the U.S. government, published in previous issues of the periodical "State News (Council of State Governments)." Efforts of the Western States Water Council to accomplish cooperation among Western states in the conservation, development and...
- Rep. Floats New Tax-Credit Water Bond. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33226, p4
The article reports on the introduction of a bill by Representative Xavier Becerra known as the clean renewable water supply bonds in the U.S. It notes that the bill would make another type of tax-credit bond and authorize the issuance of up to 6.2 billion until 2018. It mentions that the bonds...
- A thirst for conservation. Wilkerson, Don C.; Arnold, Mike // American Nurseryman;1/15/94, Vol. 179 Issue 2, p56
Presents tips for water conservation and management. Capturing and recycling irrigation runoff; High-efficiency application systems; Improved irrigation management; Integrated pest management; Optimum fertility regimes; Water treatment. INSETS: Limiting pesticide runoff.;Treating and recycling...
- Water. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Feb/Mar95, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p38
Assesses the water conservation efforts in the United States in 1994. Reauthorization of the Clean Water Act; Surveys on the health of waterways by the Environmental Protection Agency; Standardization of water treatment.
- NWF Seeks Policy On Export of Water From Great Lakes. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p64
Presents information on the campaign to reduce the withdrawal of water from the Great Lakes in the United States. Proposal for the adoption of standards for water exports; Restriction of diversions from the lakes; Participation of state governments in the conservation measures.
- 'Stretching' state's water supply behind LCRA 'Water 10' program. // East Bernard Express (TX);7/24/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 30, p5
The article offers information on a water awareness campaign initiated by LCRA and the City of Austin in 2008 in Texas.
- Conserving water helps environment and saves money. Hirsch, Bill // Hotel & Motel Management;6/17/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 11, p10
Presents question and answer advisory on water conservation in the hotel industry in the U.S. Evaluation of the baseline costs; Division of the expenses by the total room occupied; Request for a rebate programs from the water commission.
- Showerheads. Meisner, Dave // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Mar2002, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p50
Focuses on the water conservation regulations for kitchen, lavatory, and shower faucets in the U.S. Standard flow rate of faucets; Minimum household water pressures; Advice for customers on flow regulator selection.
- Water-wise vegetable gardening. Ringo, Sue // Vegetarian Times;May94, Issue 201, p81
Gives tips on water conservation when gardening. Need for an ideal location for a garden; Importance of drainage; Soil requirements; Use of topsoil and composted manure; Planting of seedlings; Recommendation of mulch; Watering rules; Efficacy of drip irrigation systems. INSET: The water-saving...