- HIT rethinks Gullane buyout. // Televisual;Jul2002, p9
Reports on the status of the plan of HIT Entertainment to acquire Gullane Entertainment as of July 2002. Factors which influenced the decision of Gullane to reconsider an acquisition by HIT; Amount offered by HIT to Gullane.
- HIT Entertainment acquires Gullane for $350 million. // Kids Today;Oct2002, p16
Reports on the completion of the merger of the British companies HIT Entertainment and Gullane Entertainment. Amount paid by HIT for Gullane; Preschool characters in the HIT catalog, such as Bob the Builder and Barney; Popularity of the Gullane children's character Thomas the Tank Engine; Plan...
- KIDVIDDER SALE A HIT. Boehm, Erich // Daily Variety;6/26/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the takeover of Gullane Entertainment by HIT Entertainment. Percentage of Gullane's shareholders approving the takeover; Union of some of the top global brands in children's television and merchandising following the merger; Persistence of HIT in pursuing Gullane.
- KIDVID COMPANIES IN TALKS. // Daily Variety;5/28/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 62, p13
Reports the offer of HIT Entertainment PLC to Gullane Entertainment in Great Britain. Amount of the cash deal; Effect of the merger on the operation of the companies.
- HITting the High Points. Johnston, Cavelle // License!;Jul2003, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p74
Reports on HIT Entertainment PLC's brand strategy. Management changes in the entertainment company following its acquisition of Gullane Entertainment PLC; HIT's marketing and promotion of its properties.
- HIT Buys Gullane. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 28, p12
Reports on the acquisition of Gullane by HIT Entertainment PLC. Terms of the acquisition deal; Comments from Adam Mills, Gullane chairman; Benefits of the acquisition to HIT.
- HIT's Talks with Gullane Off. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;6/17/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 24, p17
Reports on the problems facing publisher Gullane's U.S. operations in June 2002. Offer of HIT International for Gullane; Revenues of the company in 2001; Companies interested in Gullane Entertainment PLC
- HIT Renews Bid for Gullane. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;7/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 26, p16
Reports on the renewed bid of HIT Entertainment for Gullane. Amount offered by HIT on its third attempt; Reason of the founders of Gullane for seeking new ownership of the company; Statement issued by Gullane.
- HIT in Bid for Gullane. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;6/3/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 22, p21
Reports that HIT Entertainment PLC is making a bid for Gullane Entertainment. Information on the bid made by HIT on Gullane in 2001; Performance of the firm's stable of characters in television and bookstores.