Holes Has Agent Levine in Bestseller Slot
- IN THE LOOP. // Book Publishing Report;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p6
Presents news briefs pertaining to the U.S. book publishing industry, as of October 7, 2002. Promotion of three editorial directors and dismissal of two other employees at Crown Publishing Group; Decision of Ellen Levine to merge her boutique literary agency into the Trident Media Group;...
- CREATING A PUZZLE FOR READERS. Orr, Tamra // Writing;Sep2000, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p11
Focuses on Louis Sacher's novel 'Holes,' which tells the story of a student who was wrongfully convicted of theft and sent to a juvenile detention center. Analysis of Sacher's writing style; Gradual unfolding of three different subplots that eventually connect with each other; Secrets to...
- In Trouble. Bradburn, Frances // Booklist;8/1/2011, Vol. 107 Issue 22, p46
Reviews the book "In Trouble" by Ellen Levine
- Rachel Carson. Engberg, Gillian // Booklist;2/15/2007, Vol. 103 Issue 12, p87
Reviews the book â€œRachel Carson,â€ by Ellen Levine.
- Rachel Carson. // School Library Journal;Fall2007 Curriculum, Vol. 53, p50
This article presents a review of the book "Rachel Carson," by Ellen Levine.
- Secret Missions: Four True Life Stories (Book). Dellett, Wendy; Jones, Trevelyn E.; Gale, David; Suhr, Virginia M. J. // School Library Journal;Dec88, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p118
Reviews the book "Secret Missions: Four True Life Stories," by Ellen Levine.
- A Sequel, Step by Step. // Booklist;1/1/2006, Vol. 102 Issue 9/10, p101
This article focuses on how Louis Sacher wrote "Small Steps," a sequel to "Holes." In "Small Steps," Sacher writes about the character Theodore Johnson, aka "Armpit." Sacher claims that writing an African American teenager's story at first gave him pause, but he realized he wasn't telling every...
- ON THE FRONT LINES OF JUSTICE. Levine, Ellen // Scholastic Scope;1/10/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p18
Presents excerpts from the book 'Freedom's Children,' by Ellen Levine that contains first-person accounts of some young people who participated in the civil rights movement in the United States as teenagers. Details of Claudette Colvin's story; Description of racist attacks witnessed by Joseph...
- Catch a Tiger by the Toe. Rochman, Hazel // Book Links;May2005, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p27
Reviews the book "Catch a Tiger by the Toe," by Ellen Levine.