Many Plans, One Goal-Sell More Audiobooks
- Chivers to Publish Unabridged S&S Titles. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 6, p28
Reports that Simon & Schuster (S&S) Audio and Chivers North America agreed that Chivers will publish unabridged editions of S&S Audio titles. Marketing of Chivers audiobooks; Comments from Seth Gershel, senior vice president of Simon & Schuster Audio
- A Brilliant Birthday. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;6/7/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p18
Presents an overview of the history of audio publishing company Brilliance Audio in Grand Haven, Michigan as it celebrates its 20th anniversary. Factors that led Michael Snodgrass to establish Brilliance Audio; Changes made since the launch of the company; Recent acquisition arrangement...
- Simon & Schuster Audio To Start Children's List; Phase Out Tapes. // Book Publishing Report;2/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on Simon & Schuster Audio's imminent publication of children's audio titles in the summer of 2006. It will be the first break from adult audio publishing for the company, which also plans to phase out cassette tapes by 2007. Simon & Schuster Audio executive Chris Lynch said...
- S&S Audio Starts Kids' Unit. // Publishers Weekly;2/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the plan of Simon & Schuster Audio to launch a children's division and publish book titles. The first three titles are print adaptations from the division.
- Audio's Fall Bounty. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;6/3/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 22, p30
Looks at the fall releases of audiobook publishers and retailers in the U.S. for 2002. Memoir lineup of Random House Inc.; Highlights of Simon & Schuster Audio's fall line; Bestseller follow-ups of Time Warner AudioBooks.
- PLAYERS & PREDICTIONS. Kuzyk, Raya // Library Journal;5/15/2005, Vol. 130 Issue 9, p64
Describes several audiobook download services for libraries. Services offered by Audible, Brilliance, Netlibrary (OCLC), Overdrive, Random House, and Recorded Books; Consideration of available titles and pricing.
- S&S Rushes Out Latest Oprah Pick. // Publishers Weekly;2/1/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p34
Reports that Simon & Schuster Audio will rush an audio version of Bret Lott's `Jewel' into production. Availability of the audio; `Jewel' as television personality Oprah Winfrey's pick for her on-air book club; Retail price of the audiobook.
- Audio Seeks New Listeners. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;1/6/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p29
Explores the marketing efforts of audiobook publishers in the U.S. Initiatives to promote audiobooks; Partnership forged by Simon & Schuster Audio; Features of a Web site about audiobooks; Analysis of the impact of technology on the industry.
- New Alliances for Brilliance. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the acquisition of Soulmate Audiobooks of Spring Lake, Michigan by Brilliance Audio of Grand Haven, Michigan. Background on Soulmate; Plan of Soulmate for Brilliance; Agreement of Brilliance with OverDrive.