Despite Legal Headaches, Florida Health System to Sell $109M
- System plans to buy Orlando-based center. // AHA News;06/14/99, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p8
Reports the planned acquisition of Orlando, Florida-based Lucerne Medical Center by Orlando Regional Healthcare System (ORHS). Comments from John W. Hillenmeyer, president and chief executive officer of ORHS.
- Columbia sells Orlando Hospital. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;06/14/99, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p19
Focuses on the agreement between Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. and Orlando Regional Healthcare System for the sale of Columbia's Lucerne Medical Center in Orlando, Florida. Financial loss of Lucerne in 1998; Comments from Joe Brown, a spokesman for Orlando Regional; Other healthcare competitors...
- Name Changes. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2008, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p134
This section presents update on name changes to hospitals and health care networks in the U.S. Orlando Regional Healthcare System in Florida has changed its name to Orlando Health in part to end confusion between the system and its flagship hospital, Orlando Regional Medical Center. Greater...
- Orlando Health System Revives Cash Search. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;02/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p3
Announces that Orlando Regional Health Care System will conduct a search for an operating cash manager to invest in short-term bonds and treasuries. In-house management of the assets; Comments from David Bolen, financial manager of the company; Plans to pursue bond issuance.
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p12
Reports that the Orlando Regional Health Care System Inc. has agreed to an eleven year contract with McKesson General Medical for medsurg supply distribution.
- Orlando Health Group Readies Deal, Despite $78.5M Verdict. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p1
Reports on the verdict filed by the Circuit Court jury against the Orlando Regional Healthcare System Inc. after the misdiagnosis of a patient with a stomach tumor in Florida. Medical malpractice of the company; Cost of malpractice insurance; Concerns about low health insurance reimbursements.
- Snedaker Communications wins Florida contract. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/22/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the selection of Snedaker Communications Inc. to develop and implement a systemwide brand identity and marketing campaign for Orlando Regional Healthcare Systems Inc. in Orlando, Florida.
- Not-for-profits have upper hand. Bellandi, Deanna // Modern Healthcare;06/29/98, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p52
Focuses on the sale of South Seminole Hospital in Orlando, Florida to not-for-profit company Orlando Regional Healthcare System Inc. History on the dispute between the two organization; Details on the sale of the hospital; Information on other hospital sold by Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.
- A message from our president. Westerman, Marc // Materials Management in Health Care;Dec2003, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p11
Presents a message from Marc Westerman, corporate director in materials management at Orlando Regional Healthcare System Inc. and president of the Association for Healthcare Resources & Materials Management. Commendation to the readers of the periodical "Materials Management" for reading his...