Utah Governor to Call Special Session as Budget Hole Deepens
- Budget Shortfalls Push Utah Toward Its Fifth Special Session of the Year. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31517, p5
Reports on Governor Mike Leavitt's plans to call lawmakers into a special session in December 2002, that could include additional layoffs and more budget cuts for the fiscal year 2003 budget for the state Utah. Factor contributing to the Governor's decision; Decrease in the fiscal revenues of...
- Utah Governor Weighs Special Session to Wrestle With Budget. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p35
Reports that Utah Governor Mike Leavitt is considering calling a special legislative session on December 18, 2002 after revenue estimates indicated that lawmakers will have to cut several million dollars from the state's fiscal budget. Estimates of the general funds revenues of the state;...
- QUOTES OF THE WEEK. // Caribbean Business;1/14/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p15
The article presents a quote from Michael Leavitt, former U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Resources, on the system of Medicare in the country.
- Governor's Employer/Education Coalition: systemic change is needed. Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/24/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 53, p22
Focuses on the creation of the Employers Education Coalition in Utah. Improvement in the public education systems; Comments of Governor Mike Leavitt on the education taxes in the region; Assessment of the financial viability of the public and higher education in the state.
- Utah backs education. // State Government News;Feb2000, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p9
Reports that Utah Governor Mike Leavitt's highest priority for 2000 is education. Proposal that the state money be devoted to education; Other education-related issues considered by Leavitt.
- Q&A With Mike Leavitt: Secretary of Health and Human Services. Young, Jeffrey // Hill;5/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 54, p14
An interview with Mike Leavitt, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary, is presented. It covers several issues including the progress of the Bush administration's 10-year plan for electronic medical records, the major components in an interoperable healthcare system, and the...
- Utah's Gov. Leavitt Undoes Some Cuts to Corrections. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31547, p4
Reports on the removal of legislative reductions in the budget of state law enforcement, court and corrections agencies by Utah governor Mike Leavitt. Percentage of reductions in the budget; Removal of reductions for prevention of layoffs in the agencies; Possible re-enforcement of a fraction...
- States of emergency. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;2/7/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the possible impact of the Social Security reform, deficit growth and tax brakes crowding the national agenda of U.S. President George W. Bush for the state-administered Medicaid program. Effort of state governments to reduce Medicaid spending according to Barbara Lyons, deputy...
- Utah Governor Plans to Convene A Special Session. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31801, p4
Reports on the plans of Utah Governor Mike Leavitt to convene a special session that will allow lawmakers to correct a technical error in the state budget. Reasons behind clarification sought by Leavitt in the Senate Bill 66.