NFMA Says Info Needed on Variable-Rate, Short-Term Debt
- NFMA Releases Final Variable-Rate, Short-Term Guidelines. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31570, p5
Reports that the U.S. National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) has released its final disclosure recommendations for variable-rate and short-term municipal securities on February 7, 2003. Composition of NFMA; Inclusions in the recommendations; Impact of the recommendations on the issuers.
- Debt Panel Has Mostly Praise for NFMA's Draft on GOs. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/05/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31153, p4
Reports on the best practices proposed by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts in the United States. Revamp of official statements of issuers of general obligation bonds and tax-supported debt.
- NFMA: Disclosure White Paper, Internet Gateway Page on Agenda. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31812, p1
Reports on the white paper of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts for the application of the federal securities laws to disclosure in Washington. Encouragement of municipal issuers to provide bond-related information to investors; Establishment of a national gateway page on the web...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33472, p19
A calendar of conferences related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. in March and April 2011 is presented including the Financial Markets Association's 20th annual Securities Compliance Seminar in Chicago, Illinois from April 27-29, the Standard and Poor's Corp.'s fourth annual Electric...
- NFMA Lashes Out at Rise in 'Coerced Tenders' Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/21/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32179, p1
Reports on the opposition of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts to the introduction of coerced tenders, a transaction in which the bondholders are pressured to tender their bonds back to the issuer for purchase in the U.S. Contention of the group that most indentures permit bonds to...
- NFMA on Disclosure. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/12/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32814, p1
The article reports on the plan of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) to improve the disclosure rules in Washington. It includes the expansion of the municipal market initiatives announced by the Securities and Exchange Commission in 2007. According to Rob Rolland, NFMA's new...
- Former NFMA Head Dina Kennedy Leaving Industry for Gentler Pursuits. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p5
No abstract available.
- Health Care Credits Urged To Disclose. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p1
Reports on the topics discussed at a disclosure forum sponsored by the U.S. National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. Focus on the disclosure practices proposed for health care credits; Participation from the Securities and Exchange...
- New NFMA Chairman Talks About Agenda. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p5
This article reports that the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' (NFMA) disclosure committee is drafting recommended best practices for issuers disseminating bond related information in the municipal market, the NFMA's new chairman, Donald King Cirillo. The NFMA committee also plans to...