South Trust Contests Vote to Remove It From Florida Housing Deal
- Bondholders Boot SouthTrust Bank as Trustee for Florida Housing Issue. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p30
Reports the vote of bondholders on the removal of SouthTrust Bank. Failure of the bank to pay caused bonds to default; Issuance of the bonds in 1996 for the Lamplighter housing project by Perdido Housing Corp.; Anticipation on the final ruling on whether it erred in nonpayment.
- Bank, Perdido Housing Locked In War of Words Over Default. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p1
Reports the debate over the rights of SouthTrust Bank as trustee for Perdido Housing Corp. in the U.S. Failure of SouthTrust to pay the debt service to Perdido; Declaratory judgment hearing filed by SouthTrust; Statement regarding the payment provisions of the indenture by executive director...
- SouthTrust bank Quits as Trustee in Perdido Housing Case. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p3
Reports the removal of South Trust Bank as trustee for the revenue bonds of Perdido Housing Corp. and other housing operations in Florida. Dismissal of a declaratory judgment action request filed in November; Acquisition of issuer of necessary number of votes to replace the South Trusts; Reason...
- Florida Housing Trustee: This Year's Payments Will Be Late. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p4
The trustee for two struggling multifamily housing properties in Florida made back payments this month on defaulted debt issued for the projects, but says it will not be able to make any payments due this year on time. The properties, owned by Emerald Coast Housing Corp. II and Perdido Housing...
- Wachovia Merging With South Trust. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/22/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31910, p1
Reports on the merger agreement between Wachovia Corp. and SouthTrust Corp. in a move for expansion and combined bonds in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Combined assets and market capitalization; Shares and benefits of the merger for both companies involved.
- SouthTrust: Building blocks. Reynolds, Rhonda // Black Enterprise;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the slow and steady growth of the Birmingham, Alabama-based SouthTrust Corp. Venture into other southeastern states; Hot spots for SouthTrust; Aggressive growth plan.
- Moving images to PCS. Radigan, Joseph // U.S. Banker;Jan95, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p14
Reports that SouthTrust Corp. has bought a check-processing system based on client/server technology. Acceptance for this technology; Advantage over mainframes; Other banks that bought the equipment.
- SouthTrust buying FFE Financial, a Fla. thrift. // American Banker;11/15/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 221, p5
Reports on Birmingham, Alabama-based SouthTrust Corp.'s definitive agreement to acquire Englewood, Florida-based FFE Financial Corp.
- SouthTrust unit to move. // American Banker;1/4/94, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p5
Reports on move of SouthTrust Bank of Georgia's corporate headquarters to the One Georgia Center building in Atlanta. Total area of office space leased; Schedule of move; Bank as a unit of SouthTrust Corp.