MSRB Seeks Speedier Trade Data
- Jester on MSRB Agenda. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p1
Reports on the delay of the real-time trade reporting in the municipal market of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in the U.S. Consideration of the price disparities in the market; Modification of political contributions; Inclusions of derivatives and disclosure.
- Guardedly Optimistic. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31177, p1
Reports the proposal of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to narrow the scope of the municipal market profesional concept. Reactions of analysts on the proposal; Appprehensions regarding the proposal; Effects of the proposal on investors.
- MSRB Plans G-37 Changes. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p1
Reports on the plan made by the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to propose several revisions to its Rule G-37 on political contributions. Plan to increase price transparency in the market by the board; Purpose of designing Rule G-37.
- Pitt Calls For Transparency Improvement. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/26/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31374, p1
Focuses on the need for the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to improve price transparency in the municipal market in the U.S. Introduction of more transparency in the market; Increase in the number of traded transactions; Dissemination of a comprehensive daily trading information.
- MSRB Unveils Real-Time Pricing Demo, Seeks Comments. Hume, Lynn // Securities Industry News;09/13/99, Vol. 11 Issue 36, p16
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's introduction of its demonstration program on its Web site which shows how the organization will disseminate pricing and other information on municipal securities trades. Features of the program; Background on the organization's efforts to...
- MSRB to elect five to board. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p4
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board in the United States will elect five board members late July 1999. Nominations; Composition of the board.
- MSRB wrestles with issues; holds off on rule changes. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;02/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30333, p1
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board has delayed decisions on proposed rule changes to resolve issues that have emerged. Concern over the Securities and Exchange Commission's (SEC) position on rule changes on disclosure of payments and potential conflicts of interest related to...
- Firms Get a Break From SEC Staff. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/18/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30998, p1
Reports the approval of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on firms' compliance with the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board rules in the United States. Significance of the regulation to state college savings programs; Circulation of a 'no action' letter from the SEC; Controversy...
- MSRB Issues First Transaction Report. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/26/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31004, p5
Reports on the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's issuance of its first monthly Comprehensive Transaction Report. Price and trade information for municipal securities transaction.