Volatile Energy Sector Fails to Strip Market-Bound N.M. of Solid Ratings
- New Mexico 'pork bill' leaves some projects hungry for funds. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p26
Reports on New Mexico's issue of $50.7 million of severance-tax revenue bonds. Purpose of the bonds; Structure; Average maturity.
- New Mexico Severance Tax Bond Program Spurs $65M School Deal . // Bond Buyer;12/11/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31282, p32
Reports on the sale of severance tax bonds by the New Mexico State Board of Finance for capital outlay programs for public schools. Financial adviser and bond counsel for the deal; Financial rating given to the deal by Moody's Investors Service Inc.; One-day notes to be sold as part of the deal.
- New Mexico severance-tax bond bill salvaged; awaits governor's approval. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p4
Reports that New Mexico legislators approved a previously vetoed bill to expand the state's severance tax bonding program. Creation of junior-lien series of bonds; Benefits of the tax bonding program.
- Munis Flat as Players Return From Break. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33267, p2
The article reports on the condition of municipal bond markets in the U.S. It says that Illinois continues to dominate in the municipal market as it reached 1.43 billion dollars of general obligation bonds refunding as of the second week of February 2010, which is planned for pricing by...
- N.M. Severance Tax Offering May Enchant Investors. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;6/18/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33930, p6
The article reports that New Mexico is planning to take bids on severance tax bonds of approximately 220 million U.S. dollars for financing various local projects such as an animal carcass digester in Albuquerque and upgrading the Toltec and Cumbres scenic railroad on Colorado border. According...
- New Mexico to Sell $181M in Severance Tax and GO Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p30
Reports on New Mexico's plan to sell competitive severance tax and general obligation bonds to provide financing for a variety of capital projects. Series of severance tax bonds to be sold; Electronic submission of bids through i-Deal's Parity system; Financial adviser on the severance tax and...
- NEW MEXICO: All Systems Go for Spaceport. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/27/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32595, p9
The article reports on issues regarding upheld funding of spaceport in New Mexico. According to the author, lawmakers approved a plan to provide the spaceport with $100 million form severance tax bond over three years in 2006. Furthermore, chairman of Spaceport Authority Rick Homans said that...
- Thirsty New Mexico Funnels Bond Authority to Water Projects. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p5
Amid a prolonged drought that prompted New Mexico governor Bill Richardson to issue the second emergency declaration in as many years, the state has begun directing more of its bond authority toward unfunded water projects. Estimating the cost of needed water projects in the state at $4...
- NEW MEXICO: One Small Misstep for Man. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32479, p33
The article reports on the developments at Spaceport America, a purpose-built commercial spaceport in Sierra County, New Mexico. The Spaceloft XL vehicle of UP Aerospace, which was launched at Spaceport America, had returned to earth after reaching just a fraction of the planned step into space....