Report: Debt Could Help Ease in Illinois Road Plan's Toll Hike
- Illinois Authority Approves 10-Year, $53B Plan to Revamp Tollway System. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31981, p52
Reports on the approval of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority of the plan to rebuild and expand the toll road system in the state. Endorsement of the plan by the board; Reliance of the plan on revenue bonds; Expectation for the authority to start borrowing to finance the project.
- Illinois governor likely to embrace only limited toll reforms -- for now. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;02/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30829, p3
Reports that Illinois Governor George Ryan will likely order the removal of some tollbooths to reduce congestion on the state's toll roads. Illinois State Toll Highway Authority's report regarding the cost of various system reform options; Alternative sources to compensate for the lost revenue;...
- Women to watch. Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;5/2/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p0023
The article features Illinois State Toll Highway Authority Chairman Paula Wolff, and Executive Director Kristi Lafleur. Illinois Secretary of Transportation Gary Hannig says Wolff and Lafleur improved the tollway operations and praises the action-oriented management of Lafleur and the...
- State Toll Highway Rules. // Illinois Register;1/17/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p2433
The article presents a notice of emergency amendments issued by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority regarding state toll highway rules as of January 2014. Topics discussed include reason for emergency stating the approval of increase in speed limits to 70 miles per hour on interstate...
- Illinois lawmakers at the tollway gate: Financial peril? Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p3
Presents information on fears by the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, that the cost of road projects could increase, if the agency does not remain autonomous from the General Assembly. Possible damage to the agency's credit rating; Legislation on the authority's budget; How can lawmakers...
- Frank Rousseau. Dwyer, Ann // Crain's Chicago Business;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p34
Reports that Frank Rousseau, Bolingbrook-based insurance broker, have ceased to do business with the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority. Allegations made against the insurance broker; When is Rousseau's trial.
- Higher tolls? Fix system before asking for more. // Crain's Chicago Business;09/11/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p10
Suggests that the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority should improve first its toll operations before requesting for repair funding from the state. Problems in the authority's accounting of toll change.
- Tollway Bonds on Tap for 2013 in lllinois. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;12/27/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33836, p1
The article informs that Illinois State Toll Highway Authority is planning to issue tollbacked bonds of one billion U.S. dollars in the year 2013.
- Under Pressure, Illinois Highway Authority Plans More Meetings on Toll Hike. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31364, p4
Reports that the officials of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority agreed to hold additional public hearing on toll hike issues. Demands in percentage toll increase from the authority's board; Need to increase revenue to construct and improve roads; Schedule of the public hearing.