Upbeat XL Capital Reports 1st Quarter Net Income of $89.5 Million
- XL Capital Posts Strong 1st Quarter Earnings. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;04/05/99, Vol. 103 Issue 14, p39
Highlights the increase in the 1999 first quarter net income of XL Capital Ltd. Factors contributing to the company's transformation and growth; Statistical data of revenues and premiums.
- XL Hopes Poor Results Will Spur Industry Action. Hilgen, David // Best's Review;Jul2000, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p46
Reports on statements by Robert R. Lusardi, chief financial officer of Bermuda-based reinsurer XL Capital Ltd., on XL's earnings for the first quarter of 2000. Weak first quarter performance of reinsurers; Operating strategies of XL.
- Ambac, Radian Post 3Q Net Income Increases; XL Warns of Lower Earnings. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p6
Compares the net income result of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and XL Capital Ltd. for the third quarter in the U.S. Rate of net income gained by Ambac; Decline in net income received by XL Capital; Rate of the premiums written in the third quarter.
- XL Capital's Second-Quarter Earnings Up 165% From 2005. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p5
The article reports on the financial performance of XL Capital Ltd., parent company of XL Capital Assurance Inc. in the U.S. The firm posted a net income of $387.2 million during the second quarter of 2006, up by over 165 percent over the same quarter in 2005. This increase is attributed to the...
- Floods may affect insurers' bottom lines. Casale, Jeff // Business Insurance;6/23/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p25
The article discusses the effect of floods in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on bottom lines of insurers. ACE Ltd., Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd., XL Capital Ltd., Max Capital Group, PartnerRe Ltd. and RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd. are all projected by analysts to take big hits, with loss projections as...
- XL Capital Posts Record Income. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p7
Reports on the net income of XL Capital Ltd., the Bermuda-based owner of bond insurer XL Capital Assurance Inc., for the second quarter of 2003. Sources of the net income; Gross premiums written by the company during the same period.
- ACE Ltd. Poised To Seize Opportunities From XL Woes. Sclafane, Susanne // National Underwriter / P&C;8/4/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 29, p8
The article reports on the 15 % increase of ACE Ltd.'s net income in the second quarter of 2008 in Bermuda Islands. It states that the increase is due to the financial difficulties confronting XL Capital Inc., ACE's longtime competitor in the insurance market. According to Evan Greenberg,...
- DATAMONITOR: XL Capital. // XL Capital SWOT Analysis;Dec2009, p1
A company profile of XL Capital Ltd., which is a provider of insurance and reinsurance coverage, and financial products and services, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT analysis is...
- Rebounding XL Capital Reports $186 Million Third-Quarter Net Income. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p7
Reports that XL Capital Ltd., the Bermuda-based parent company of New York City-based bond insurer XL Capital Assurance Inc. has disclosed a net income of 186.4 million dollars for the fiscal third quarter of 2002. Income per share reported by the company during the quarter; Comparison of these...