Treasury Supportive of Forest-Management Bonds
- Bill to clarify limits on church-sponsored lobbying. // National Catholic Reporter;10/12/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p7
Reports on the introduction of a legislative bill in U.S. Congress that allow churches to spend money on lobbying and campaigning for or against individual candidates without risk of losing their tax-exempt status. Involvement of churches in political activities; Harassment experienced by...
- Tax-Exempt Bills' Retroactive Dates Chill Market's Blood. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30764, p29
Focuses on the effects of the introduction of a bill to restrict the use of tax-exempt bonds for projects that compete with private business on the municipal markets in the U.S. Provisions of the bill introduced by Republican of South Carolina Mark Sanford; Purpose of the bill; Discussion of...
- Alaska Gas Pipeline Gets Senate Boost. Kinnander, Ola; Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p4
Reports the approval of energy bill which will provide developers economic incentives in building the gas line in Alaska. Finance of natural gas pipeline through tax-exempt bonds; Grant of federal tax credits to builders of the pipeline.
- New laws take effect on Sept. 1... // Texas Agriculture Magazine;9/2/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on the eminent domain reform from the Texas Farm Bureau (TFB) including the Senate Bill (SB) 18, SB 332, and House Bill (HB) 268 effective on September 1, 2011. It says that the SB 18 is to protect landowners in connection to their private property rights. It states that the...
- ON DEADLINE. // Credit Union Journal;01/22/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p1
Reports the plans for the reintroduction of credit union-backed bankruptcy reform bill and tax exemption protection in Washington, D.C. Similarity of the reform package with the bill passed by the House and Senate; Request for the designation of Dennis Dollar as the chairman of the National...
- Is The Runner Safe? Out? In This Case, It's Both. Diekmann, Frank J. // Credit Union Journal;03/12/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p4
Presents views on the federal tax exemption law in the United States. Findings of the survey released by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA); Comments on the legislation; Disposition on the CUNA findings.
- Sales Tax Holiday Plans. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/19/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32301, p31
The article reports on the plans of Florida legislators to pass three bills exempting people who visit or live the state from six percent sales tax. The bills would create sales tax exemptions on clothing and books and hurricane-related supplies prior to the beginning of the hurricane season in...
- Recap of 2013 legislative session. // Farmer;Jul2013, Vol. 131 Issue 7, p12
The article presents a summary of the legislative bills passed in 2013 including the state estate tax exemption, livestock farmers compensation, and landowner protection.
- The mess gets bigger. // Caribbean Business;7/6/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 26, p22
The author reflects on the approval of the tax reform bill in Puerto Rico. He notes that the principal issue is whether the bill calls for a 5.5 percent or a 7 percent sales tax. He also mentions that when the committee approved seven percent, they did not consider that the House has included...