Alaska GOP Wants to Put More Of Knowle's Debt Plans to Voters
- Maryland Budget Deficit Up; Schaefer Blames Glendening. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p33
Reports the budget deficit forecast by the Bureau of Revenue Estimates for the fiscal year in Maryland. Attribution of the declined state income tax revenue on the surge of the budget deficit; Figure of the total shortfall of the deficit; Impact of the projected deficit in revenues on the...
- No Easy Way Out. Straszheim, Donald // Orange County Business Journal;9/1/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p35
Comments on the reliance of California on individual income taxes for state revenues. Assessment of state budget deficit; Sales tax rate; Budget mismanagement.
- Oregon's Latest Biennial Budget Forecast Includes a $551 Million Deficit. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p32
Reports on the budget deficits in Oregon. Impact of decreased taxable income on federal budgets; Reduction in corporate tax revenues; Proposal of administrative actions to meet expected revenues.
- Stimulus Provision Could Cost States $5.5B. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33118, p4
The article reports on the possibility that the District of Columbia could lose tax revenue of up to $5.5 billion through 2011 if it will not take steps to decouple its tax laws from the federal tax code. According to a report, the revenue losses would come simultaneously if most states are...
- Tax Cheats Snub Spend-Crazy Feds. Evans, Michael K. // Industry Week/IW;Apr2006, Vol. 255 Issue 4, p48
Discusses issues related to taxation in the U.S. Total federal income taxes and total compensation earned by employees and individual proprietors in 2005; Result of the study conducted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on federal income taxes; Budget deficit of the federal government in 2005.
- More tax, less spending -- and this is just the startï¿½. Howard, Paul // Optometry Today;12/18/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p18
The article reports that British Chancellor Alistair Darling has declared a series of limited tax increases in the light of the British government's growing budget deficit. The additional tax increases include a return to the 17.5% VAT rate effective on January 1, 2010, the increase to 1% rate...
- Saudi Arabia. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Mar1988, Vol. 101 Issue 1135, p54
This article reports on the plans of the Saudi Arabian government to introduce income tax for foreign workers as of March 1988. On January 3, 1988 the government announced that foreign workers would face large salary cuts by the introduction of income tax between 5% and 30% on earnings of more...
- Think tank leader calls for extension of income tax hike. Dunn, Jamey // Illinois Issues;Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the significance of the income tax increase in Illinois. It notes that the government's initiative to raise its revenue has helped sustain several public services and fund social services in the state. It adds that several public leaders believe that the government has...
- IMPLICATIONS OF RECENT FEDERAL PERSONAL INCOME TAX INCREASES FOR INCOME TAX EVASION, TAX REVENUES, AND BUDGET DEFICITS. Boylan, Robert; Cebula, Richard J.; Foley, Maggie; Izard, Douglass // William & Mary Policy Review;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
In 2013, the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 implemented federal personal income tax increases. Based on our analysis of data for the time period 1970-2008, we argue that the incentives to engage in federal personal income tax...