Alaska GOP Wants to Put More Of Knowle's Debt Plans to Voters
- Maryland Budget Deficit Up; Schaefer Blames Glendening. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p33
Reports the budget deficit forecast by the Bureau of Revenue Estimates for the fiscal year in Maryland. Attribution of the declined state income tax revenue on the surge of the budget deficit; Figure of the total shortfall of the deficit; Impact of the projected deficit in revenues on the...
- No Easy Way Out. Straszheim, Donald // Orange County Business Journal;9/1/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p35
Comments on the reliance of California on individual income taxes for state revenues. Assessment of state budget deficit; Sales tax rate; Budget mismanagement.
- Oregon's Latest Biennial Budget Forecast Includes a $551 Million Deficit. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p32
Reports on the budget deficits in Oregon. Impact of decreased taxable income on federal budgets; Reduction in corporate tax revenues; Proposal of administrative actions to meet expected revenues.
- Stimulus Provision Could Cost States $5.5B. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;5/20/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33118, p4
The article reports on the possibility that the District of Columbia could lose tax revenue of up to $5.5 billion through 2011 if it will not take steps to decouple its tax laws from the federal tax code. According to a report, the revenue losses would come simultaneously if most states are...
- Tax Cheats Snub Spend-Crazy Feds. Evans, Michael K. // Industry Week/IW;Apr2006, Vol. 255 Issue 4, p48
Discusses issues related to taxation in the U.S. Total federal income taxes and total compensation earned by employees and individual proprietors in 2005; Result of the study conducted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on federal income taxes; Budget deficit of the federal government in 2005.
- More Bonding, Yes, But Not to Balance the Budget. Briggs, Amanda // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p43
Focuses on the effort of lawmakers to balance the bugdet in Nebraska. Amount of projected budget gap; Contribution of forecasts of income tax revenue and supplemental requests for funding to the gap; Effort to balance the budget deficit.
- More tax, less spending -- and this is just the startï¿½. Howard, Paul // Optometry Today;12/18/2009, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p18
The article reports that British Chancellor Alistair Darling has declared a series of limited tax increases in the light of the British government's growing budget deficit. The additional tax increases include a return to the 17.5% VAT rate effective on January 1, 2010, the increase to 1% rate...
- West Virginia Governor Seeks to Avoid Further Cuts, Despite Falling Revenues. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p28
Reports on the efforts of Governor Bob Wise to prevent additional budget cuts in West Virginia. Reduction in the income tax collections in the state; Projected state budget deficit in the year 2003; Total amount of first-quarter general revenues.
- Think tank leader calls for extension of income tax hike. Dunn, Jamey // Illinois Issues;Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the significance of the income tax increase in Illinois. It notes that the government's initiative to raise its revenue has helped sustain several public services and fund social services in the state. It adds that several public leaders believe that the government has...