Long-Term Bond Volume Markedly Up
- Everything is going to get more expensive. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p8
Reports opportunities for security systems market in the United States. Increase in hardware and software for security systems; Approach of the government on the market challenge; Prevalence of world economic recession.
- The way ahead. CATON, CHRIS // Money (14446219);Sep2012, Issue 149, p84
The article discusses the important issues facing financial markets. It states that the U.S. is preventing the chance of experiencing a double-dip recession while the Australian market has improved the state of its economy. According to the author, the other trends to watch for include the...
- Becoming a Value-Added Employee Boosts JOB SECURITY. Beck, Larry S. // USA Today Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 131 Issue 2694, p24
Discusses how U.S. employees can become more valuable to their companies to boost their job security. Impact of the recession on employment security; Ways of demonstrating the value that an employee brings to an organization; Advice on enhancing visibility with superiors and co-workers.
- In tough economy, no new Arizona IPOs this year. McClay, Rebecca // Inside Tucson Business;9/20/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p6
The article focuses on the impact of recession on the companies in Arizona as a result of which investors have been wary of investing in companies offering stock through initial public offerings (IPOs).
- WHAT, US WORRY? YES, US WORRY. Wolff, Michael // New York;2/24/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on the impact of the economic recession on New Yorkers. Replacement of security with anxiousness; Threat of war between the U.S. and Iraq; Effects of the September 11 terrorist attacks in the U.S. on economy and security.
- The Good, the Bad and the Very Ugly. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2009, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p66
The author reflects on the security industry in the U.S. He states that the global economic downturn may continue to work its way to the security operation in 2009. He adds that for security leaders, there is a need for them to squeeze more business uses from legacy security systems. The author...
- Foreign Privates May Be Less-Than Stellar. JL // Private Placement Letter;10/15/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p1
Examines the effects of economic recession on cross-border private placement transactions. Factors influencing investment decisions to various industries; Credit quality rates.
- Extreme austerity a brutal experiment on people's lives. // Green Left Weekly;2/15/2012, Issue 910, p15
The article discusses the impact of the austerity measures called troika in Greece. It emphasizes that this deal is part of a move to make Greek people pay for capitalism's economic crisis. It stresses that the measure leads to the closure of shop owners, rising casualisation, and overall job...
- Despite the Treasury's optimism, the recession will be both long and deep. TURNER, DENNIS // PrintWeek (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/16/2009, p18
The author discusses his opinion on the recession in Great Britain. He comments that the outlook for the economy in the coming year is clouded by uncertainties in financial markets. He adds that despite of the fact that the government is exerting effort to prevent recession, and stabilize the...