Keep The Cap For Innovation
- THE LPN CHALLENGE. // Wireless Week;10/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the impact of the local number portability (LNP) mandate, to be implemented on November 24, 2003, on the wireless communication industry in the U.S. Areas of wireless communication affected by the mandate; Purpose of the mandate; Impact of LNP on call centers.
- A vintage year picking sour grapes. Brothers, Art // America's Network;6/1/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p34
This article focuses on the implementation of wireless number portability in the U.S. Several incumbent local exchange carrier in Utah petitioned for a one year delay to implement wireless number portability. It was granted. A part of this article focuses on the effect of the objection raised by...
- Business Phone Service Trending how we talk today. Colby, Kent L. // Alaska Business Monthly;Nov2011, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p18
The article discusses the evolution of the telecommunication sector in Alaska. It highlights the passage of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 that allows local telephone companies to enter in the market, which was once dominated by Alascom Inc. and General Communication Inc. (GCI). It also...
- Numbers That Count. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p44
No abstract available.
- Competition in Local Telecommunications. Swann, Christopher; Loomis, David G. // Business Economics;Apr2005, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p18
The Telecommunications Act of 1996 created a framework for competition in local telecommunications. Under its rules and under the jurisdiction of state regulatory authorities, competitive local telephone companies were to gain access to some or all parts of the incumbent's network through known...
- AT&T resumes local wireless rollout plans. Rendleman, John // PC Week;02/22/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p73
Announces that AT&T Corp. is moving ahead with plans to deploy local wireless services in the United States. Details about Project Angel technology; AT&T to conduct market trails of the improved fixed wireless services in 1999.
- Mixed blessings for bundling. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;1/8/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
Discusses the bundling challenges facing telecommunication service providers to develop and adapt technology toward the goal of integrating wireless, local phone and long distance services, and Internet access into one platform, one customer and one bill.
- Cell phone number portability to pose problems for business. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 48, p24
Discusses issues that businesses will need to consider before achieving the savings promised from Wireless Local Number Portability guidelines. Tips from Digital Reliance, a firm specializing in corporate wireless management; Enabling of corporations to seriously evaluate their carriers' plans,...
- USF fund fairness. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;8/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 34, p10
Comments on the implementation of the universal service funds (USF) at the expense of wireline carriers operating in rural areas in the U.S. Reason behind the rejection of USF by wireless carriers; Arguments on the USF money by Western Wireless Corp.; Role of the Federal Communications...