Sprint Halts MMDS Rollout
- Sprint adds fuel to MMDS formula. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;11/1/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 16, p14
Focuses on the confidence of Sprint on the capabilities of its multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) solution. Testing of the MMDS; Target consumers of the company; Benefits and features of MMDS.
- Sprint Corp. Trials Put MMDS Back On Track. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p34
Reports on the resumption of the deployment of multichannel multipoint distribution services (MMDS) by Sprint Corp. Impact of the stoppage of the deployment of MMDS on equipment vendors; Challenges posed by the commercialization of MMDS equipment for the telecommunications industry; Support for...
- MMDS Shifts Gears . Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;10/1/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p46
Focuses on Multichannel Multipoint Distribution (MMDS) which are preparing to deliver high-speed Internet access. Companies interested in the technology including Sprint and WorldCom.
- Sprint Puts MMDS On Hold. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;03/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p20
Reports that fixed wireless communications carrier Sprint Corp. has put on hold the deployment of its multichannel multipoint distribution system (MMDS) while waiting for the availability of next-generation equipment. Implications of the MMDS delay on consumers; Background of the MMDS business...
- Separate Ways Lead To New MMDS Rollout. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p34
Deals with the competition of WorldCom and Sprint Corp. in the market for multichannel multipoint distribution services in the United States wireless communications industry as of October 2000. Strategies of the two companies; Locations where Sprint has paying customers and recently launched...
- Town crier. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;05/15/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 20, p12
Reports on Sprint's preparations for its first broadband wireless service launch in Phoenix, Arizona. Advantage of offering multichannel multipoint distribution service to residential customers rather than businesses; Bandwidth expectation of Sprint for the Phoenix launch; Sprint's pricing for...
- Sprint Broadband Speeds Ahead in Ariz. Iler, David // Multichannel News;07/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p31
Focuses on the offering of broadband and multichannel telecommunication services by Sprint Corp. in Tucson, Arizona. Cost and terms of the service; Growth potentials of the market according to Sprint executives.
- MMDS Strategy Spiked. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 27, p1
Discusses how the planned multichannel multipoint distribution services of (MMDS) the Sprint-WorldCom Inc. merger has been affected by the failure of the deal. Background of the failed merger; Reaction of the companies regarding the status of the service; Views of observers and analysts.
- Sprint uses Hybrid MMDS technology. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the decision of Sprint Corp. to use the two-way multichannel multipoint distribution system technology of Hybrid Networks Inc. to deploy its Sprint Broadband Direct service.