Waste-Free Energy Monitoring
- Change the image, industry says; electricity is the key. Hoske, Mark T. // Electric Light & Power;Jul93, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the unawareness of the people on the advantages of using more electricity in Kansas City, Missouri. Influence of electric utilities on the electricity consumption notion of the consumers; Dissemination of information on the disadvantages of using kilowatthours by electric utilities;...
- PERFECT POWER STORM. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // Orange County Business Journal;8/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p11
Highlights a federal government research suggesting that electric utilities exercised market power by raising prices above competitive levels during the California power crisis. Flaws identified in the state's electricity market; Effects of frozen retail prices on consumer demand for electricity.
- Residential Demand Response Participation Rate Will Reach Sixteen Percent Worldwide by 2018. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;3/13/2013, p7
The article discusses a study by Pike Research which forecasts an increase of 16.4 percent in the participation level of residential customers to demand response (DR) programs around the world.
- Powering up. Poole, Claire; Brown, Greg; Ortiz, Fiona; Thomson, Adam; Piette, Candace; Stinson, Douglass // Latin Trade (English);Jun98, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on the electricity sector in Latin America. Entrance of foreign firms into the region; Consolidation as the next wave; Growth of electricity demand in the region; Factors affecting Chile's electricity sector; Competition in Argentina's electricity industry; Growth of energy demand in...
- Electricity restructuring. // Modern Power Systems;Apr95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the restructuring of the electricity industry of the Ukraine. Aim to create a market driven system; British firm Mott MacDonald as consultants; Mechanics of electricity distribution; July 1995 as target operation date.
- Reliability Projections a Mixed Bag. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Summer2002 Supplement, Vol. 31, p10
Reports on the results of a survey on the reliability of electric service in the United States. Expected major hindrance to reliable electricity supply in the first decade of the millennium; Possibility of overtaxing existing transmission capacity; Causes behind power problems experienced on...
- Replacement nigh for energy-save scheme. // Professional Engineering;05/26/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the British government's plan for replacing the standards of performance (SoP) scheme which levies consumers for energy saving measures in homes and small businesses. Development of a stop-gap scheme by the Electricity Association; Request for an extension of the present scheme.
- Section 7. Electricity. // Monthly Energy Review;Mar2000, p93
Reports on the status of the electricity consumption in the United States as of December 1999. Electricity overview; Electricity net generation at electric utilities; Electricity net generation at nonutility power producers; Electricity end use.
- Third quarter sales up 3.8 percent. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr91, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p45
Reports on the increase in electricity sales to ultimate customers by investor-owned electric utilities during the third quarter of 1990 compared to the same quarter of 1989. How the sales increase affects the 1990 third quarter revenue; 1990 third quarter customer, sales and revenue data for...